19 - August 11

"Good morning," I jump at the sudden voice behind me in the kitchen as I pour my morning coffee. Mattheo smiles faintly, holding his hands up in defence, and I sigh, realising I'm weirdly the safest having my cheating ex around at this time of the day. If I had to pick between anyone in this house, it would be Draco, but Matt takes the second spot for some weird reason. Probably because Adrian is such a flirt and told everyone about Theo and me, Blaise is a complete stranger to me and Theo... Theo is a situation I dont want to be in right now.

"God, Matt, you scared the living fuck out of me." He smirks, jumping up on the kitchen bar. His smile is mysterious, and I know exactly what it means. He wants to talk and prove that he is not a bad guy. He always tried to prove himself to me when we were together, or at least at the beginning of it. Everyone around thinks he is worse than he is, and that comes from a girl who used to be brokenhearted in bed because of him.

"Sorry, girly, I was just trying to be polite to my friend and wish her a perfect morning, but I assume I should have waited for her to drink her coffee first." Damn right, he should have. I don't like talking to anyone before I get my coffee,  while others need vodka or any other shot for an ego boost; I need coffee to even look at someone else.

"Good morning to you, too," I say as I sit at the table, watching him stare at me with a shocked face.

"What?"

"Nothing, just- You are still gonna sit in the kitchen knowing I am here?" I suck in my lips. I know this is new to both of us, realising we were happily in love the last time we talked. Or so I thought. But I am over him, and I would like to think he is over us, too.

"So, what are you doing about the Theo issue?" I roll my eyes, sipping my coffee, breaking the eye contact.

"There is no issue so far, and WE are doing nothing about it. Meaning you are staying away." He jumps from the bar before sliding on the chair right before me.

"Tay-"

"No, Matt. If we will be friends, you have to listen and respect me and not act detective around me." He stays quiet, sucking in his lower lip, and it's not until now I realise he has a new scar above his mouth.

"Where is that from?" He frowned, and I leaned over the table, touching his scar. It's not new, seeing it has healed and is a perfect scar, but it's new.

"Uh-" I jump back for the second time this morning, noticing the rest of the boys standing at the kitchen entrance. Draco's jaws tighten with his fists while Theo looks genuinely shocked and confused. I don't even pay attention to the other two as my gaze lands on Theo, knowing how bad this must look.

"I-"

"She was just checking my scar. Apparently, our summer guest wants to become a healer." I nod slowly, and the boys seem to buy it, seeing as they return to making their breakfast, which I assume they came here for. Theo still has his eyes on me, smiling faintly before turning to the kitchen sink. My eyes meet my cousin, who stares between me and Mattheo with a cold face.

"What scar, by the way? The one Draco gave you at the field? God, for being an accident, it seemed pretty harsh." Theo chuckles a little, and now it's my turn to stare between the two boys. Draco made that?

"You hit his lip?" Draco shrugs, making himself some coffee, and Mattheo stays quiet.

"What are everyone's plans for today?" Draco asks, sitting down beside me together with the rest. "Not much, really; I might just relax by the pool." Blaise is the first to answer, and Adrian joins him with the pool.

"What about you, Tay?" Draco asks, hitting my shoulder faintly.

"I don't have much of a plan, really. I might just...Do what I always do."

"Stay away from the rest of us, you mean?" Adrian asks, smirking, but I feel weirdly uncomfortable by his words. Was it meant as a question or accusation?

"Oh, shut up, Pucey. She didnt come here for you so she can do whatever she feels like." Draco answers before I have the chance to, which I thank him for in my head, seeing I have no idea what to answer.

"What do you guys say about going to the Blue Lagoon?" Theo asks, meeting my gaze with a smile. The others seem to happily agree, and as the room turns quiet again, I realise I am the only one who hasn't answered.

"Taylor?" Mattheo asks, looking hopeful in this gaze, and I stare between him and Draco before nodding slowly.

"Sure, Blue Lagoon sounds fun." I can't help but notice the big smile on Theo's lips as I say it, and I really do hope this day will be fun and not a whole big mess as most things usually turn out to be.

________
Theo - Taylor

Theo
Hi summer

Taylor
Theo? Hey

Theo
how are you today

Taylor
I'm good I think

Theo
that's great
are we cool...?

Taylor
Idk? I think so
It's not like we really know each other

Theo
Of course we do?

Taylor
Uhm okay

Theo
I'm so sorry if you felt like I was leading you on...

Taylor
Don't think too much about it
How's Taylor

Theo
She's cool I think?

Taylor
You think??

Theo
I mean we didn't talk yet today

Taylor
Uhm okay

Theo
Can I ask you something
It's to selfish

Taylor
Nothing is selfish enough for you to not ask me
Go on

Theo
Do you know if Taylor and Mattheo has a past?

Taylor
A past? No they don't even know each other what I know

Theo
Oh yeah maybe

Taylor
What makes you think so?

Theo
Nothing
Don't worry about it
Thank you tho

Taylor
No problem I think

Theo
Would you want to talk later? You can Upd me about your books

Taylor
Is that really a good idea? You texting me

Theo
Ofc it is? We're friends

Taylor
Sure sure okay.

Theo
Are you sure we're cool?

Taylor
Yes
I  am

Theo
Well then
Have a great day summer

Taylor
You too Theo!

__________
hi my beautifuls