07 | The Witch To-Be (In Like A Decade)

"Are you going out tonight?" Mr. Giles asked as the four of us descended the stairs.

I frowned.

"Going out? Going out where?"

"To the Bronze," he replied as if it were obvious.

"The Bronze?" I repeated and Mr. Giles smiled.

"It's a dance club. But perhaps you might better from a tour before you go anywhere,"

The four of us nodded in embarrassed agreement.

"I'll show you around if you'd like. I've got a few things that need finishing off though, so if you don't mind we can leave in about an hour?" he asked.

"Of course! Thanks so much for all of this," I told him gratefully and he smiled in response.

"Oh and where's Charles?" I asked, realising that he wasn't in the room with us.

"Charles is uh...well, he told me he was going out to look at...cars?"

The four of us laughed knowingly.

If there was one thing that might surprise you about Charles it was his strange obsession with cars.

Yeah- vroom vroom ones.

"He might be out for a while then," Jim commented and Mr. Giles laughed awkwardly.

"Yes well, uh, I'll let you know when I'm finished?" he spoke and the four of us nodded again, walking back upstairs to the room we were staying in.

"So I guess this town isn't a complete buzzkill," Casey said in reference to the Bronze.

"I wouldn't speak too soon, we haven't actually been inside yet," I replied and the others laughed at my pessimism.

"I don't know...I thought this town would be all doom and gloom 'the apocalypse is coming'. But its kinda sweet!" Casey mused and I shrugged in half-agreement.

If one thing was for certain it was that Sunnydale was going to be an experience.

...

"Ooh! Is this the elementary school?" I asked Mr. Giles later that day as the five of us-excluding Charles- walked through the streets of Sunnydale.

"Ah, yes! One of them at least," he spoke and I grinned as I spotted the playground up ahead.

It wasn't connected to the school, so I supposed that it was open to all means of the public.

There were a number of children playing, most of them around four or five and a wave of nostalgia washed over the four of us as we watched them.

But when I glanced back at Ellie and Jim I realised that it wasn't nostalgia they were feeling it was something else.

"That's...weird," Jim muttered softly and I frowned at him.

"What is it?"

"I can feel something. Like...power," he spoke and Ellie nodded.

"I can feel it too. Power that hasn't been discovered yet,"

"From a bunch of kindergarteners?" I asked and Jim shook his head.

"It's that girl. I think, anyway," he spoke, his gaze fixated on a small girl with fiery red hair.

"Who is she?" I asked Mr. Giles and he looked surprised I had spoken to him.

"I...I don't know. I don't often converse with those under the age of sixteen," he told me and I frowned looking back at the girl.

She was talking to another child; a boy with dark hair and the two of them were laughing about something.