001.

You checked your calendar before leaving home, dreading the horse and carriage ride in advance. It was the Summer time, and although the family plans should have canceled with the passing of the Phantomhive adults, your father saw it most important to uphold the circumstantial promise bestowed between him and the late head of the phantomhive manor

"Hmph!" You turned up your nose, pretending to be so devastated that you were to stay with your future business partner, Ciel, for the summer so you two can become familiar with joint business transactions and recreational activities. o

"What's the point of continuing with this endeavor?" you brattishly voiced your disagreement with your father as he peered out the window in excitement. You cocked your eyebrow at him, wondering if the trip was supposed to be for you or for him.

"Now now, y/n, you're going to love it. You'll meet Ciel and you'll learn his practices, so when I die you'll be sword sharp and wont sink my business into the ground!"

Sucking your teeth, you opted out of a response and instead pouted out the window. Why bother you thought to yourself. His mind was already made up and since you were daddy's only child you had no say so in the direction of your future after you turned 18.

He entertained your mother's requests by having you in the finest of ballet and etiquette classes, but now that you've grown into a mature young woman it was time for you to learn the ins and outs of the real world. According to your father at least.

Seeing the manor across the horizon, you straightened up to get a good look at your chambers for the summer. How quickly you would have preferred to go horseback riding in Paris with your cousins or even travel to Italy with your aunt. But noooo you had to stay cooped up in a house with a complete stranger. And- who were these people outside of the manor?

"Daddy, it looks like there's more people here." you pointed out. Your father seemed to have caught wind of the strangers as well.

"How odd." he said, squinting his eyes to better focus on the figures.

"You would think after all this time the young master may have grown. I could have sworn you two were only a year apart."

"Daddy!" You scoffed, rubbing the bridge between your nose in frustration. "If you wanted me to babysit you should have just told me! Now i'm here spending the summer with a ch-"

"Enough of that now." Your father silenced your bickering, his eyes never leaving the manor's entrance. He saw the young master, sure , but he didn't expect him to be accompanied by two butlers and a young blonde haired boy the size of a young teenager...

"And to think," you sighed, dropping your chin in the palm of your hand with a longing pout. "I could be eating grapes out of the hand of my Italian lover right about now."

"Italian lover!!" Your father barked, his eyes burning into you as a father would, but your eyes were too affixed on the flickering trees passing you two as you inched closer to the Phantomhive manor.

Worst summer ever you thought to yourself.

-

"Ah, Ciel!" your father jeered, opening his arms wide to embrace your cousin Ciel in a large hug. You remained in the carriage, frustrated, bored, and dare you say it, intimidated.

Not only was it an irrevocably still short Ciel, but now there were two brooding butlers standing alongside him with some... weird, blonde child. He kept spinning in circles around the other off putting butler and the one who seemed to be designated to Ciel just stood there with a smile, occasionally glancing your direction.

You huffed inside of the carriage, crossing and uncrossing your legs anxiously. You would absolutely have your father's head when you returned for the summer. He didn't even notice you were still in the carriage, your suitcase still nestled under your feet. As an act of rebellion, you settled for pants, a dress shirt and overalls, completely shielding your feminine attributes from plain sight. This was a business partner, afterall, not a suitor to be married.