𝖻𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝗈𝗅𝖺 𝗌𝖺𝗒𝗎

══ ·∙ ༒ ∙· ══

The rhythmic taps of sturdy boots against metallic flooring reverberated through the corridor

The rhythmic taps of sturdy boots against metallic flooring reverberated through the corridor. The metal surface beneath absorbed and amplified the impacts, producing sharp, deliberate taps that punctuated the otherwise sterile atmosphere. The tempo was neither slothful nor swift, though managed to hide the pulses of an underlying sense of urgency.

Their footfalls were eclipsed by a more ominous cadence. A mechanical symphony overshadowed the echoes of human strides—the rhythmic clanking of battle droids.

A little blue and white R2 unit led the procession of plasteel husks and their prisoners through the maze of corridors, metallic limbs moving in perfect unison, their cold, calculated steps creating an eerie harmony with the human presence. The clone troopers struggled to match their pace, their gazes flickering between the Jedi and the droids.

As they approached a set of blast doors, the astromech interfaced with the control panel, his beeps and boops orchestrating the unlocking sequence.

With a sudden hiss, the seal of the blast doors broke and began to part, revealing a sliver of the harsh, yellow glow that permeated the volcanic world beyond. The escapees braced themselves as the doors slid open completely, and they were met with a gust of hot, sulfuric wind that whipped through the corridor, carrying with it the acrid scent of the planet's tumultuous atmosphere.

The reprogrammed battle droids, now allies in this daring escape, stood guard as Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi, Talia Shan, and Even Piell surveyed their surroundings. R2-D2 beeped affirmatively, its domed head swiveling to indicate the path ahead.

The ground beneath their boots became uneven as they crossed the threshold of the prison.

As far as the eye could see, towering cliffs framed a sky tinged with ominous hues of purple. The air was thick with volcanic ash, and occasional tremors rumbled through the rocky ground. Lava flowed in distant rivers, seeing from the planet's exposed molten core , casting an eerie golden glow upon the rocky terrain. Heat rose off the ground in a shimmering wave, and the air was so dry it sucked the moisture from their throat and nose passages.

Talia squinted against the winds, readjusting to the harsh conditions. The airfield of the prison stretched before them, and at the center of it all, the shuttle they had snuck in on.

Talia's eyes drifted upwards.

Towering above, sentinel-like structures were mounted on the surrounding embankments , their unyielding barrels overlooking what could only be aptly described as a kill zone. The defense turrets stood as silent guardians, their cold, metallic frames blending into the austere surroundings.

The airfield lay exposed beneath their watchful eyes, a meticulously guarded domain with the shuttle resting stoically at its heart. The shuttle, innocent in its stillness, occupied the epicenter of this intricate dance between protection and potential peril.