Unwrap My Present (2Min One Shot)

“TaeMin~ah!” MinHo hyung called, searching yet another room for the young boy. For a whole two hours he’d been on the hunt for TaeMin, being in need to just see his face.

                “JongHyun hyung Have you seen TaeMin?” MinHo asked.

                The elder boy looked up from the magazine he’d been reading. His brown eyes were a bit droopy as if he was in need of some sleep. Judging by the noises MinHo has heard coming from his room last night he and Key hadn’t been sleeping much.

                “Sorry MinHo, I haven’t seen him at all today,” JongHyun apologized.

                The boy sighed, scuttling off to search more rooms. Eventually, the rapper just gave up and sat on the couch with JongHyun. A random cartoon distracted him from the whereabouts of TaeMin.

                At around eight that night, JongHyun left, claiming that him and Key had something planned. What they were doing he didn’t really want to know.

                Now that JongHyun had left, though, MinHo found himself alone in the dorm. The TV chatted to him in a monotone while the dim light from the lamp beside him cast some shadows on his smooth face. The combination of the dull noise and light somehow made MinHo drowsy. The next thing he his eyelids had fallen closed and his body was molding into the couch as he slowly drifted off.

                Barely an hour had passed when the front door got pushed open slowly. TaeMin tried to sneak in quietly. He tossed his sneakers to the side and tiptoed out of the foyer. When he saw MinHo in the living room he paused to stare at him. For a few months now they’d been dating. At first they’d kept it a secret from the others but considering they were such a tight knit group, the secret had been revealed quickly. And quite dramatically, too…

                Feeling stared at, MinHo rustled from his light slumber. TaeMin appeared as a giant, skinny shadow at first; startling the elder but upon closer inspection he was comforted to find his loved partner standing some distance off from his spot.

                “TaeMin~ah,” MinHo whispered, pushing up onto his elbows.

                “Hello,” the dancer greeted sheepishly. His cheeks reddened in embarrassment at being caught.

                “Where were you? I was looking for you all day… Come here.” MinHo waved TaeMin over. He scooted up some more to make space for the boy.

                TaeMin dropped his duffel on the floor before making his way to the boy. He settled himself between his hyung’s legs and leaned backwards.

                The rapper’s arms wrapped around TaeMin almost naturally. He’d lost count of all the times they’d sat in this position. So many times in fact that MinHo’s chin seemed to have indented a groove in TaeMin’s shoulder.

                “Sorry hyung; dance practice was really long today…” the maknae apologized.

                “I was worried… I thought you’d run away from me,” MinHo teased.

                “No~! I’d never run away from you.”

                An airy chuckle rasped out of MinHo and he planted a kiss on the side of TaeMin’s head.

                A comfortable moment filled the room. The two boys kept their eyes locked on the TV.

                Suddenly, TaeMin twisted in MinHo’s hold.