The call

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Class was over so I decided to pack quickly and leave as I had a call scheduled with the lister of the babysitting job later that evening. I overheard most of my classmates talking about going over to Natsukawa's house later that evening, however I wasn't particularly concerned, she was simply a classmate after all.

"Y, you... are you really not going to come?"

"You mean over to your house?"

"Y..yeah, so are you coming or not?"

"I wasn't invited. Also I believe I remember you telling me to stop following you?"

Unlike the original, I wasn't particularly interested in Natsukawa nor her little sister. I also already had plans for later. If it were someone else's house I may have considered going as it would have been a good method to integrate into the class more; however, I also just didn't like interacting with Natsukawa honestly.

"Huh? Uhh well you're in───"

"Pardon the intrusion, is Sajou-kun here?"

A low voice that suddenly echoed. But, even if it was low, it was not a man's voice, it was a dignified woman's voice. That was why it was easier to hear than anyone else's voice.

"Kya-, Rin-sama ...!?"

Ashida screamed at the sudden appearance of a big shot.

Disciplinary Committee Chairman, Rin Shinomiya-senpai was looking into my face right after she entered the classroom. Her line of sight focused on me, and when our eyes met, she smiled.

"Hello, everyone. I know the long day is just over, but can I rent Sajou-kun for a while?"

"S-s-s-su-sure! You could boil him, or fry him, or even post his picture on SNS!" 'Does she take me for some type of meat?'

"Kei!"

"Oh right, my bad Ai-chi~"

"Ah, Natsukawa right? Did I perhaps interrupt you?"

"N-no it's nothing! You can take him senpai!"

"I see, thank you then."

.

.

.

The student guidance room. It was a cell-like place where students who disturbed the school's ethos were lectured and scolded. It was also a place that opened to students with certain authority.

"So what did you need from me senpai?"

"First of all, let me say thank you. Thanks to your advice, I was able to handle Yuyu better. I realised that it was not all about being close to me as much as possible."

"I'm sure anyone could've given that advice to you senpai, I didn't do much."

"That isn't the case at all though, even if that were the case.. it came from you, not anyone else."

"You have a great ability to understand people and get along with them."

It appears Shinomiya-senpai placed a high value on my skill.

"───That's why, I don't understand you anymore."

"...Pardon?"

"I mean, you see. Yuyu, she... she was depressed that she couldn't get you to understand her."