Chapter Fifty-Four: UA Culture Festival

Word Count: 6980

(A/N: I'm so sorry if it feels like I'm rushing through some arcs and not writing as much as I used to!!!! Some of them, I'm not able to centre around Y/N as much so I try to make them as short as possible!!!)

"Wah! I'm so beat!" Ochaco claims, stretching her arms out above her head. 

Our supplementary classes have finally finished and we are heading back to the dorms. Before Katsuki left for the dorm with the others, he made sure to give me his copy of Cementoss' class, as he can go a little too fast. With it, he also told me to take it easy and gave me an affectionate pinch on my cheek.

Katsuki has been softer with me lately. Ever since he confessed, he's never made a mean comment that he actually meant (now that I think about it, has he ever meant any of those insults?), he usually just jokes now. He makes me feel much more calm. 

One time, we overheard a student talk about the Overhaul mission, albeit they were just discussing the bare minimum, and Katsuki quickly swerved us to the other direction of the cafeteria, claiming that the other side was better due to it being closer to the A/C on a particularly hot day.

It had been a few days since I explained my family history to him. I thought maybe he'd be deterred from speaking about it, but he always asks about my childhood with them.

I think he's trying to help me understand them. I do, I truly do, but I can't get over that pit in my stomach that makes me want to scream in their faces. 

"Thank goodness we can rest, my brain hurts from all of this studying." Kirishima sighs out, rubbing his temple.

I hold my satchel on my shoulders and groan, rubbing my neck, "Ah, now we can help the others with the planning for the festival." 

Tsuyu looks at me for a moment. "How are you, Y/N? You seem a lot less tense than you were when you first came back. It's good to see you smile again." She claims, smiling at me, "Did something good happen recently?"

I feel myself become flushed in the face, heating up at the mere mention of my attitude change in the past few weeks. "Oh! No, uh... I'm just really happy to be home now. I feel a lot better." I explain, grinning back to her.

"That's great news, L/N." Midoriya chimes in, patting my shoulder. He looks at me with a sympathetic smile. I nod my head.

Kirishima pushes open the doors to our dormitory, calling out tiredly, "Yo!"

We are greeted with everyone and I see Katsuki sitting on the couch. We change our shoes to our slippers and remove our bags, settling them by the kitchen table to put away after we speak with our friends.

"Thanks, Katsuki." I say, handing him his book back. He takes it back and hums in acknowledgement. I seat myself down in between him and the armrests, laying my head back with an 'oof'. "Ah, finally home. My hand hurts from all that writing..."

Katsuki throws his arm to lay on top of the couch part I'm leaning against, shifting my head a little. He retorts, "Yeah? Poor you."

He doesn't use malice in his tone, more like teasing me. I roll my eyes. "Whatever. So what has been decided?"

"Got roped into this bullshit and now I'm playin' drums." He groans, tilting his head to the side. The others continue to talk amongst themselves as he glares at me. "Someone told Dunce Face that I used to play drums at my music lessons. I wonder who could've done that."

I look away innocently. "What a mystery that is, hm?"

He flicks the back of my head with a roll of his eyes now. "Snitch."