Chapter 7- Captain's Determination

As the door creaked open, an elderly man with silver hair and a hunched back shuffled into the room. All eyes turned towards him as he made his way to the front with deliberate steps. The blue figure approached him.

"The youngster is awake," he announced in a raspy voice, the tears dried up, and a spark of hope ignited among the gathered audience in the hall. Brothers and crew alike rushed over to inquire further.

“Is Luffy awake?”

“Is he alright?” asked Chopper.

“Old man, bring us to Luffy”, Zoro grumbled

“Go go go, let's go to Luffy” Usopp ushered.

“When can we see him?” Sabo inquired.

They bombarded him with a barrage of questions. The blue figure sighed with indulgence, while the old man chuckled.

"Easy now, folks. Your captain is fine. But I've given him a sedative to ensure he gets some more rest," he explained.

"Before he joins us, there's one more memory I'd like to share with you, one without Luffy. So, let's visit it”

Despite some grumbling and disagreements, they all settled into their seats as the screen flickered to life once more.

On the screen, two shadows stood silhouetted against a rocky precipice. The sky was a dull yellow, casting a gloomy and perilous atmosphere over the scene. It omitted darkness, danger, and despair.

“Ossan where is Chopper?” The smaller shadow asked. “Are you referring to the horned river otter? Then”

“Oh, what place is this?” Asked Franky to the crew. The rest were in deep thought trying to remember the place showcasing now.

“Ossan I’ve got two things to tell you. First, Chopper isn’t a river otter- he’s a reindeer. Second, I’ll never let you hurt my Nakama” Luffy said voice tinged with rage, eyes hidden.

“Isn’t this the Omatsuri Island?” Robin said to no one in particular. And now they remember going to the island.

“Yeah, I remember the island of festivals, we found the map and sailed towards it” Nami added.

“Why are you acting as if you don’t know exactly what happened”, Marco curiously asked. The straw hats were startled by the attention of the emperor's first mate. Now everyone was looking at them.

“We remember, we found a map of Omatsuri Island. It was supposed to be an island of festivals. Spas and beauties from across the world with exquisite cuisine. We went there but for some reason, I can’t remember anything else”, Sanji briefed.

“Likewise, I can’t recollect either”, Usopp added and others nodded in agreement.

“I’ve never heard of the island”, Whitebeard added. And many older pirates agreed.

“Let’s keep watching we will know what’s going on”, Jinbei suggested.

“Never let me hurt them. You had six crew members, correct? The man asked. “Just before you arrived, the number went down to five,” he said in a singsong tone.

“What did you say?” Luffy asked in disbelief. Eyes going wide at his exclamation.

“Before long, the others will disappear in Lily as well.” He mocked

“He is Baron Omatsuri, the leader of the island. He was there challenging us for games”, Robin pressed his temples. Her contemplation stopped when she heard the agonized voice of Luffy

“What did you say?”

“Yet you say you won’t let me hurt them…… You’ll never let me harm them.” Baron laughed hard, mocking the crumbling will of a captain. His laughter echoed through the island.

“That bas****”, Garp cursed him as he saw his grandson in desperation.

“Unforgivable” …….  “I WON’T FORGIVE YOU” Luffy screamed.

Gomu Gomu no, he stretched his left hand back, an arrow was released piercing through his hand, pinning it to the rock,

“One arrow, what happened to your determined spirit?” Baron's mocking provocation seemed to hit Luffy physically.

“Dammit” Luffy struggles to release himself

“While you struggle, another one of your Nakama is disappearing,” he was feeling the sadistic pleasure of adding insult to Luffy’s injury.

S-STOP IT! ROBIN”

Robin jerked as she looked at her disappearing silhouette. She felt her eyes burning when Luffy screamed. The scenes from Sabaody once again picturized in front of her and she once again felt she let her captain down.

“Who will be next?” “I see the cook” Baron sings again.

Damn…...” Sanji gritted his teeth feeling helpless.

“You bas****…...” Luffy once again tried to punch, but another arrow pinned him. “Two arrows……”

SANJI……” the desperation in his voice caused hurt to not only the straw hats but the rest of the recipients as well. A captain futilely tries to save his crew at the cost of himself. Respect bubbled in marines and pirates alike.

“Only three left, if you don’t hurry, there won’t be anyone left” Baron provoked again.

“Why the hell did you all go there and why would you be caught in this frenzy?” Sabo was losing his mind seeing his brother in such straits.

“STOP IT”, he screamed as his right leg was pinned to the rock behind him.

“Since you can’t see, I’ll just tell you. The man with the phallic nose just died”
Luffy struggling on the floor shouted “Usopp

Usopp cried for Luffy alone with Franky and Chopper. Zoro was clenching his jaw tightly, what the hell happened? Why did they let them capture them? They were strong enough for them then what happened?

“What will you do? Will you fight me with just your left leg?” Luffy struggled hard, his head on the floor, he shouted his attack again, this time his left leg was pierced and pinned.

“The other woman has just disappeared”

“N-Nami” he whispered in agony. He didn’t have the strength to shout anymore.

“You can no longer move in that state, the very last of your Nakama is starting to fade away”

“ZORO”

He threw his head back and screamed in agony and desperation. Then with full might, he stretched his neck towards the stem, even Baron was left astonished. After a momentary lapse, Baron shot four arrows, one scratched Luffy’s neck while he caught one with his mouth, with shocked eyes Baron saw as he almost reached the stem and screamed again “ZORO”. Tears flew as he couldn’t save his last Nakama, and like a rubber band, he stretched back hard, collapsing at the rock.

Zoro blood boiled. He wanted to kill that piece of garbage.

“Straw hat your swordsman is dead, you have no Nakama left, you are utterly alone on the vast grand line”

“Alone”

The utter defeat in his tone was like a death sentence to those close to him. They know how much Luffy despises being alone. He was only afraid of being left alone and he was tormented by his only fear.

Ace who was quietly watching the scenes with hard eyes snapped his gaze towards the straw hats who were still contemplating. He wanted to accuse them but how, when he also caused the same pain to Luffy?

The screen glitched and went black. After a few moments, it flickered back to life, showing the scene where Luffy was being bandaged by Brief and the others. With Daisy's encouragement, assuring that she could still hear the crew's voices, Luffy once again engaged in battle against Baron.

In the intense duel, Luffy attempted to destroy the massive stem that had engulfed his crew. Punching it relentlessly, the elastic stem finally ruptured, revealing thousands of arrows upon closer inspection. Luffy looked shocked at not seeing his Nakama. Baron uttered coldly, "Die."

"You dare…..." Shanks let his Haki lose making others choke. Another Haki flare to counter Shanks. Ben was quick on his feet to pacify his captain.

Those thousands of arrows changed the direction and poured over Luffy. Piercing right through him with no skin left untouched. His eyes lost the light, his body sunken. He was no different from the zombie of Triller bark.

“Oh no,” Nami shivered. Others were as broken as Luffy when they saw him fighting for them. They don’t remember but Luffy was tortured like that for his crew and never even mentioned any of it.

“It’s over”, said Brief “Don’t give up, I can hear Mr. Reindeer, he is calling your name. So don’t give up Luffy”, Daisy shouted.

Her father gathered his courage and took a bow and arrow.

They were left shocked and Baron’s eyes popped out when he saw Luffy, with his battered body which had hundreds of arrows dug in was still walking towards him. “Give my Nakama back”, his hoarse whisper echoed on the island of death. “Give them back…...”

Again, every eye held tears for the young rookie. The Whitebeard pirates looked with awe to see a captain of this caliber in today’s era. The older generation was truly shocked at the sheer determination of the young captain, the same determination they saw almost twenty years back.

Daisy’s father with shivering hands aimed for the monstrous Lily, who manically smiled with her mouth wide open, with his family’s encouragement and Luffy’s determination he made the shot. It went right through Lily, destroying her.

Baron screamed as everything on the island vanished, from the buildings to his crewmates, and even the arrows. Luffy delivered the final blow, defeating the sinister delusionist.

"Finally, it's over. The young man has endured some serious turmoil," Iva declared dramatically, with Dragon by his side finally unclenching his fists that had drawn blood from his palm.

"Indeed," he added solemnly.

As the scene unfolded, the sun began to rise, and the crew gathered as if awakening from a long, peaceful slumber. They spotted Luffy lying there and rushed towards him, calling out his name repeatedly, "Luffy! Luffy! Luffy!" Luffy responded with his iconic laughter, 'shi shi shi...', a peaceful smile spreading across his face.

To be Continued

Next, we'll witness the reunion of the brothers, as the crew embraces their captain once again. Expect some heartwarming moments between Shanks and Luffy, while Dragon sulks in the corner. Thank you for your patience in waiting for the next chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it, and I welcome any suggestions anyone might have.

Best Regards.