Chapter 51

(Amani Pov) 

           (Amani Pov) 

                     I pulled out the magazine of the pistol Claire gave me. Around 2 bullets. One for Abaddon and one for myself. That bastard was going to die. I didn’t care what happened to me. As long as he was dead with a bullet lodged in his head. 

                 I pushed the magazine back into the gun and hid it behind my back attached to my belt. I quickly turned away from the mirror and walked out of my room. I walked down the old creaky staircase and entered the living room. Greta was there with Janet. 

                 Janet looked up at me. “ Hey. Where have you been?’

      I sighed. “ Just upstairs resting and thinking.”

                     “ About the upcoming fight?” She asked as she continued sitting next to Greta. 

        I nodded. “ Yeah… and other things.” I walked over and sat in the armchair near them. “ So what are you 2 up to?”

                  Greta soon answered me. “ We are just hoping everything goes well and we’re also worried about the supply pick up next week.”

                    I soon replied. “ Me too.”  

       The 3 of us paused when we heard the sound of the door opening. We heard the sound of boots on the floorboards and I turned around and saw Marla walk in. “ Marla, what are you doing here? Did something happen?” Greta asked as she stared at her. 

                  She nodded and replied quietly. “ Yeah.”

    “  Well what is wrong?” I looked at her as well. 

                      “ Noa and Kala are back.” She said in a low tone. 

           I turned around and looked at Janet and she looked just as confused as me. “ What do you mean they are back? How would they be back?” I asked quickly as I stared at Marla. 

              She sighed. “ I don’t know, Just come on.” She waved for us to follow her out the door. 

                  I quickly got up and Janet and Greta followed after us as we ran towards the main gate. After around a few minutes of running we got to the gate and Kade was on the watch tower with Lou and Alejandro and Javier were yelling at Lou to let them in. “ Let them in!” Alejandro yelled at Lou. 

               “ Shut up! They aren’t coming in. Someone go radio the shadows and tell them that they escaped or something.” Lou yelled as he looked down at them again. 

               I stepped forward and stared up at him “ Let them in for god's sake Lou now!”

      He rolled his eyes and then he started climbing down the ladder. He hopped down and landed in front of me. He moved closer to my face and stared at me with an intense glare. 
“ You aren’t in charge. I am and what I say goes. Now step back.”