𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

王国

────────────────────────────────

    Sitting in her room on the edge of her bed, (Y/N) stared down at the floor with a rather melancholic gaze. Ever since Zenon told her that Mari and Juliya had run away, she couldn't help but be dispirited. Maybe it was the fact that even though she had been close to them, they didn't trust her enough to reveal what they were planning that made her feel this empty. It made sense to her, though, since she was Duran's personal maid, but it didn't mean she felt comfortable with it.

    Juliya is a war prisoner...

    Mari is a maid with unpaid debts...

    If they're found, nothing good will become of them since they're still supposed to serve His Majesty.

    I pray for them.

    And as she pulled the covers up to her chin and turned off the gas powered flame near her bed, she soon dozed off, unaware of the massacre that was currently taking place in a room not far from her own. The next morning—even earlier than when she usually woke up—she felt something tickle her face, scrunching her nose and turning over to make it stop. The touch continued, and finally, when she opened her eyes, she saw Duran standing above her moving stray hairs out of her face.

    Anyone in that situation would scream.

    (Y/N) didn't.

    Her gaze was instead focused to his blood slicked sword and the blood stains present on his suit, a stark contrast to the coloring that made it stand out all the more. She wondered who died that time, hoping that it wasn't Mari or Juliya.

    "Your Majesty..." she muttered, slowly sitting up so she wasn't in a too compromising position. "...why are you in my room so early?"

    "I have a present for you..." he smirked, the look eerie in the soft light. "...one that I think you'll like."

    Her brows furrowed.

    A present?

    If it involves the blood staining his person, I'm not sure I want anything to do with it.

    Unfortunately, she couldn't deny his request since formally, she was still his personal maid, and if he personally requested that she accompany him, then she had to obey. She stood up and opened the small closet where her uniform was, about to undress before realizing that Duran was still in the room. His smile seemed to have grown wider as she glanced back at him, gesturing with her head for him to then get out so she could change.

    He stared at her for a moment before walking closer to her, holding her body close to his so he could plant a chaste kiss on her forehead.

    "Don't keep me waiting long, (Y/N)," he murmured, his hand traveling down to stroke her thigh, the nightdress that she was wearing showing quite a bit of skin that was starting to drive him crazy. "I'm not a very patient man..."

    And with that, he left.

    Her skin tingled where he had touched her, but she quickly brushed the feeling away as she dressed, soon stepping out of her room to follow Duran down the long hallway. Stopping just outside the throne room, he looked back at her with a rather crazed but giddy expression before then throwing the doors open. (Y/N) instantly sucked in a quick breath when seeing the carnage present all around her. Twenty-four people who looked to be older men in their fifties or sixties were strewn around the room all with varying degrees of wounds and expressions of horror.

    All were dead, though.

    The amount and stench of the blood in the room would account for that.

    "Do you like it, (Y/N)?" Duran murmured as he clutched her shoulders, his face dangerously near hers, his cheeks awash with heat. "I did it for you. I do everything for you, did you you know? These men of the Cabinet wanted me to marry someone else. I couldn't let that stand. Not when I already have my bride right in front of me."

    Her eyes widened.

    "...bride?" She blinked, baffled by his sudden shift in character since she had met him.

    "Of course," he swiftly turned her around so that her (E/C) eyes clashed with his, his hand then cupping her face. "You are the only woman whom I want by my side. The only one who I will ever allow to rule as my Queen."

    (Y/N) shook her head, saying, "Your Majesty, I am not qualified for your hand or such a position.

    His grip on her tightened.

    "And why not?"

    "Because, I am just a mai—"

    Slamming (Y/N) harshly against the wall and knocking the air out of her lungs, Duran bent down and pressed his lips hastily to hers. Forcing his tongue into her mouth, he pushed deeper and deeper, as if what he was already doing wasn't enough for him. (Y/N) honestly didn't know how to react, her hands shackled and her body in between the wall and Duran.

    She couldn't escape.

    Finally, he pulled away, both of them panting for breath before he finally stating rigidly, "No matter what, (Y/N)... you will marry me. Whether you were a maid or not, I don't fucking care. You're mine." As he spoke, he pulled a beautiful diamond ring from his pocket and placed it onto her finger, the look in his eyes one full of obsession and infatuation, saying once more, "You are mine."

    He then stalked out of the room.

    (Y/N) slid to the floor.

    Pressing her fingers to her lips, she winced, wondering if they were now bruised since Duran kissed her so forcefully.

    But...

    He wants to make me Queen?

    Not a concubine?

    With jumbled thoughts, she pushed herself up, once again wincing when the iron smell of blood washed over her. She was used to death, but it didn't mean that she liked being anywhere near it. Glancing down at her hand where the ring sat perfectly around her finger, knowing that she would face the consequences if she removed it, she then walked forward with shaky steps and closed the door behind her. Trying to move on with her day, she hoped that no one would notice her rather frazzled and slow state.

    But no one commented.

    And luckily, she didn't see Duran for the rest of the day after that.

⎡ 𝑻𝑶 𝑩𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑼𝑬𝑫 ⎦