PART 7: Exploring the castle

The main hall is the same as the last time I saw it.

The only difference is that I see a butler, from Halsey's explanation about the people on the picture of the house staff I see that it is Dorsey, and he is just mopping the floor.

He notices me, but only gives me a brief stare before he goes back to his mopping.

I follow Halsey, he takes me through hallways, pointing at doors, telling me what they are.

Only now do I realize how big this castle is.

Halsey needed at least an hour and a half to show me everything.

Although one thing is suspicious...

He did not take me to the basement or any room below the castle at all.

I feel like he is trying to hide something from me...

But does Halsey want to keep it hidden, or is it the whole household?

Snapping out of it, I try to follow Halsey's explanation of the castle.

After a few more minutes, I think I get the layout of everything.

Me and Halsey go back downstairs

Dorsey is gone, he is probably done mopping and left for something else I guess.

Halsey looks me right in the eyes.

His crimson red eyes stare into my soul, giving me an uncomfortable feeling.

Something i'm used to feeling after having experienced it from Betty and twice from him.

"Now, pet, now you know the castle and its rooms. Now, I will tell you some rules you have to follow. Are you listening?"

"Yes, mister Halsey, I am ready to listen to you."

I'm actually getting used to behaving very formal and obedient.

It actually scares me that I would never have been like this before I got here.

But i'm a pet now... a pet to vampires.

"Alright, pet. You are free to roam the halls, the gargoyle statue gallery, the garden and off course, your room. Understood?"

I nod, confirming I understood.

"Now, master Bastion and mistress Charlotte, their sons, Sir Quesanta, the butlers, the maids and me all have our own separate rooms as you have seen, you are only allowed to enter those rooms if you have permission of the mentioned person, is that also understood?"

"yes, mister Halsey, I will respect those rules."

"Alright, you are also allowed in the grand library, although, mistress Charlotte often occupies this room, if she tells you to leave, you are expected to obey. The dining hall is also open for you to enter, but during dinner you are only allowed in if you have permission."

Ugh, so many rules! And he is not even finished!

I know I said to myself to accept being a pet many times, but this just feels like i'm being stripped of all my freedom.

"You are expected to obey everything the house staff or family asks of you. You will obey EVERYTHING they ask. Do I make myself clear?"

With a bit of scared posture from the way he said "Everything", I nod.

He goes on with several other rules I have to follow, every word he says is hitting my mental health like a dart in the heart.

When he is finally finished, he still is not done: