Tenstion

Arriving back at the stop sight the Trolls quickly dismounted their fliers. The flier bugs swiftly buzzed back off into the forest the second they were all dismounted and cleared of supplies. All of the Trolls waved goodbye and thanked the critters for the safe ride. They gathered the supplies they brought to bring it all inside.

What happened at the Funk city ship weighed heavily on their minds. It added another layer of tension to them. A weight of urgency, anxiety, and responsibility. Making their mission seem that much more real.

Passing by Rhonda's head they saw a scattering of feathers, blood, and fur. None of the surrounding plants looked disturbed or flattened, suggesting that Rhonda took an opportunity to pounce on prey that came here instead of going out to hunt. Most of the more easy going Trolls, like Bruce and Poppy, grimaced at the sight. Seeing scattered fur and feathers was not usual for them in their day to day lives and thus it was a little disturbing. For Bramble, Floyd, and Moonbloom, who all live in Rock and see blood on a semi-daily basis, and Branch, who hunted for himself for years, they hardly batted an eye.

Rhonda churred happily at them, a feather blowing out of her mouth, as they passed by. This earned tense smiles from some of them, though they all greeted her. She stood, straightening up, and got ready to go. She knew that they would have to leave soon, her Troll friend was on a mission to migrate them all somewhere quickly. He was very determined to get them there.

She hoped it was somewhere safer.

Entering Rhonda the Trolls saw that John was still passed out on the couch where they had left him. He was snoring away, each snore sounding like a vacuum trying to pick up a small coin. It made the three middle brothers shake their heads in amusement. They didn’t see John sleep often when they were kids, but when they did he slept like the dead and could wake the other dead with his snores.

Branch set the supplies he was carrying down on the table and was about to help put them away when the snores suddenly stopped. He turned around, expecting his brother to have woken up from the noise, only to see that the eldest was still sleeping. Floyd had also noticed the sudden silence and turned to check on his eldest brother. Both Floyd and Branch shared a look, ears pinned back, and jumped slightly when the snores started back up with a small cough.

“The hell was that?” Branch asked bewildered, arms gesturing sharply in John’s direction. He only received a shrug in response from Floyd.

“What was what?” Bruce asked, joining in the conversation. He looked at where his youngest brother was pointing and raised a brow. “Uh, what are you talking about?”

It was then that the snores stopped again, making Bruce’s brows shoot up to his hair. It only lasted a couple of seconds before John was right back to snoring.

“That! What was that!” Branch all but shouted as he moved closer to John, as if that would do something to fix it.

“It sounds like sleep apnea.” Clay stated, also taking an interest in his eldest brother. By now everyone was surrounding John while he slept. Under most circumstances this would be creepy.

John's snoring had cut off again, making Poppy’s hands flap with anxiety. Most of the groups started to look at each other, half questioning what to do. Save for Branch who had his ears pinned back. His eyes were laser focused on his eldest brother.

“He’s doing it again.” Floyd whined, not liking this. The longer this went on the more anxious he felt, making him bounce in place. Bramble rested a hand on Floyd’s shoulder to sooth his mate. It worked a little bit, settling Floyd down.

Branch, however, had a different approach. He raised his hand and shouted at John. “Stop that!” And smacked his hand right down on his brother's face before quickly pulling it back up.