⸻ sixteen

season 7, episode 9 - slow night, so long

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅

      THE ONE THING that all sane surgeons could agree on is the nightshift sucked. Strange sleep schedules were just part of being a surgeon, but that didn't mean Sage had to like it. Despite the fact that Jackson kept her up most of the day, she woke up half an hour before she actually had to be up and getting ready.

She had been sitting on one of the barstools at the kitchen island, coffee in hand, when she heard screams coming from her room. She quickly jumped off the stool and rushed into the bedroom, but Lexie got there first.

"Jackson!" Lexie shook his legs as Jackson thrashed in his sleep. "Stop. Stop! Hey, hey, Jackson."

Jackson woke up, sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Stop, stop." Lexie crossed her arms. "I'm sorry, but you need to take something."

"Sage?" He looked around the room frantically, searching for her. "Where's Sage? And Charles? Where's Charles? Charles?"

"It's Lexie," Lexi told him. Sage appeared in the doorway and he slightly relaxed at the sight of her. He stayed silent before throwing off the covers and getting up.

"Time for work?" he asked.

"Yeah, just about," Lexie confirmed as he walked by her. Sage opened her mouth, about to ask him if he was ok, but he pushed past her before she could even try. 

This was going to be a long night.

⋅──⊱༺  🩺🫀💋 ༻⊰──⋅