chapter 38: no way jose

Natasha's pov:

"I know, which is why you're gonna do what you do best." He replies with a sly smirk after his words. What could he be planning this time?

"Which is?" I urge him to elaborate.

"You're going to sneak out." He finally says with a proud smile at his idea.

"Seriously? I'm pretty sure that they'll know I'll be at the party when they find my bed empty." I turn down his idea immediately.

"Theoretically yes, but what if you supposedly found some blackmail on the twins and used it against them. You could use it as leverage and force them drive you to the party. They'll have no choice but to accept your offer." He figures out and starts pacing around me thinking.

"And where am I going to gather said blackmail from?" I find a loophole in his plan.

"From me." He stops pacing around and answers my query. "Like I said earlier, I used to be close with your brothers. I have specific pieces of evidence against them. " He admits whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

"Like what?" I urge him in disbelief.

"Ah but I can't tell you that Ms.Perfect." He adds on. He wraps his veiny hand around my bare waist and continues to guide me through the park. Is this man really trying to distract me?

"And why's that? I'm the one trying to sneak out remember?" I contradict him.

"Because I have certain information that your brother's wouldn't want you to find out." He rebuttals back with a solution.

"Ohh I get it. If you tell me the information, then the blackmail is useless." I show my understanding. He nods to my words with a proud grin.

"Smart girl." He compliments.

I smile at his praise. I liked it when he complimented me. It felt nice. "Okay, okay, I have to admit Mr.Mysterious, your ideas aren't all bad." I admit. His ego is probably going to skyrocket after hearing that.

"You know, you aren't all bad either." He sillily shoves me in the arm. He chuckles along to my words and I laugh a little after watching him. He shakes it off and we complete our stroll through the park. "It's nearly 2pm." I state as we walk towards the car park.

"Does that mean that you have to go?" He puts on a fake sad face.

I playfully push his arm and he acts hurt. I giggle at his childish behaviour and answer his previous question. "Yea, I don't want to but I don't want my biological brothers to suspicious either." I reason. He simply nods to show his understanding.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you call them your biological brothers anyway?" He politely asked.

I hesitate for a moment before answering his query. "If I'm being completely honest, it's because I don't feel like I fit in yet. They were a little distant towards me within the first few days but they warmed up to me, I can't say the same. I do enjoy their presence and everything, but things have just gone by too quickly for me to comprehend. You know?"

He nods his head again quietly and lets me continue my rant.

"Between losing my mum, and moving to Brazil, things haven't exactly gone to plan." I take a sigh and begin again. "After the divorce and when I moved to the U.K, Flynn and Seb were the ones who helped me fit in. They make me feel like I belong. I got along with them and we've been inseparable ever since."

His hand rubs my back as we walk.

"Even though we're not related through blood, it feels that we are through heart. I think that I just need time to settle in with my biological brothers before I can call them my proper brothers again." I conclude.