17

It took everything inside Danny to not shrink down and hide. The looks the teens were giving him sent shivers up his spine in a way he wasn't sure was possible until now.

Ice dude was fine, he looked like he was still sorting through his feelings on this whole thing and hadn't quite reached any clarity.

The other two however.

Buff dude and green girl were both staring at him. There was something about that glance they shared and the lack of expressions on buff dude's face that unnerved him. Was this what animals in a zoo felt like? He could almost physically feel their eyes on him as they clearly assessed his threat level. Perhaps having all his collars still on display wasn't the smartest idea but in his defense he had forgotten about them. He'd had them on for so long he had long since stopped feeling the metal on his skin. Buff dude was slowly moving to put himself between Danny and the green girl. Perhaps she would be less of a threat if buff dude felt the need to get defensive.

Or perhaps he sensed the danger Danny posed and was simply acting accordingly.

Who knew.

The silence edged on for a bit longer than what felt comfortable. The awkwardness he felt being around this many people in a non-battle setting was very unfamiliar to him and made him rather uncomfortable. The need to start swaying slightly to deal with the awkwardness was becoming increasingly intense and hard to fight. Luckily for him it seemed like ice kid reached his impasse.

Blue boy sighed deeply and rubbed his face as if trying to scrub away the tiredness he now held. "Look kid,"

Danny inwardly scoffed. Rude. He wasn't a kid, he was almost 14 for crying out loud! That is definitely teen territory! The way blue dude looked at him held the same bored look the guards would sometimes give him when they did their rounds. In his humble opinion, blue dude was starting to look more and more punchable. But he had to remain calm to try and get them all to cooperate.

"I'm really not having a good day, so if you think I would go back then you are out of luck. I'm getting out of this joint."

Oh.

Well that wasn't what he expected.

"Before my dad finds me."

And Danny was sure he wasn't mean to have heard that. Guess like father like son to end up in here. Perhaps space suit man was his dad? They're both blue...ish

Blue dude started sauntering over and Danny would bet the next weeks' worth of meals he wasn't planning on going back to his cell so easily. He moved just a step to the side to block his path. Behind him, Danny could feel Cujo's presence grow. Clearly the pup was also getting agitated by this fellow inmate and was preparing to jump in.

Danny tried to add a small chuckle to his tone to try and ease the growing tension in the air. "I'd really prefer it if you don't." He kept his eyes trained on the blue teen, not wanting him to slip past him somehow. "There is no way you are getting out of here, so again, I do advise you to go back to your cells." He wasn't really asking for much was he? Surely this dude must know that the plan failed. "Ms. Waller would go a lot less harsh on you if you are back where you belong by the time the cops arrive." Perhaps that sounded a bit too much like a threat. "Plus I really don't want to fight any of you, so please just go." He added with a soundless chuckle.

Yup.

No threat here.

None at all.

Smooth.

That definitely didn't annoy the frosty teen more than he already was.

Totally not.

As the teen started walking again he very clearly bumped into Danny on purpose. Danny felt Cujo grow more annoyed and ready to pounce. He had to act now while there was still a chance to save this without a fight.