Hog Hunt

.
.
.
>TRANSMISSION START
.
>POV SET TO: [NAME] [LAST_NAME]
.
.
.
Small water droplets trickle onto my face in lengthy inconsistent rounds.

My hunger stings me awake, begging me to go on the search for food. My eyes seem to decide me as soon as I open them- because I could have sworn a giant boar head was speaking to me. Its neck rolls allow its saliva to drip down on top of my face.

Grossed out by this interaction finally gets my body moving again. Even with my energy being low, I manage to stumble to my feet and take in my surroundings.

I was no longer in the woods I had collapsed in, I was in a hospital waiting room. It was stripped of the usual patient banter and rushing doctors and nurses. The white floor tiles had been removed, leaving the floor to be completely covered in dirt and mud. [Where am I? Oh please, I'm having the worst luck right now, I swear I cannot handle another blow.]

The boar was simply a head stuck on the wall, its mouth moving along to a distorted version of ‘waiting room music’. Reminds me of those talking robotic fish that you mount on your wall that sings common country songs.

My frustration with the music grew as it got increasingly louder and more painful to listen to. I clasp my hands over my ears and look down at my… feet.

My shoes are gone. God dammit. Did someone kidnap me, and rob me the same night? This is what's wrong with this country. At least they let me keep some of my dignity, my socks were left alone.

“Please state your name.”

The boar talks to me, much clearer than ever before, a male voice speaks through the disgusting animal.

I refuse to enable this behavior any further and move away from the head mounted on the wall. Tracing the cracks in the wall led me to the conclusion that this… place was surrounded by other ‘rooms’. Making my escape plan sound more and more unreasonable.

“Please return to the boar. You cannot leave this room without cooperation.” The voice doesn't seem to be angry, but tired. [Sounds like he's reading from a script.]

At the expense of all of my wit, I return to my previous position facing the pig mount.

“Great. Now, what is our name?”

My hunger refuses to let me speak. It silences me with a loud rumble.

“...You have food when it's ‘feeding time’. You'll have to wait like everyone else.”

Pig saliva drips down into a deep puddle below it. It's fake, but it blinks. It's fake, but it salvates. It's fake, but its eyes shift from left to right. Looking at it makes me feel ill. But I have no food in my stomach to fork over.

The pig head seems to ‘fall asleep’, and finally goes non-verbal. Without its eyes looking at me I feel free to think.

The presence of the pig disturbed me so much I didn't have time to realize my situation.

Why aren't I dead? And where did those antlers go? A large bandage was wrapped both under and above my shirt. The white band above my shirt was written on. In big black lettering, it read ‘DERUJNI”. [I'm too hungry to decipher it.]

None of my other clothes seem to be tampered with. Except for my shoes, which I believe he took away from me so I couldn't outrun him in this muddy room.

Looking at it more keenly, the person behind all of this must-have removed the floor foundation in this particular room.

-BEEP-