Mask

*Ghost's Pov*

I went back to my room after the meeting to see a box on my bed. I opened it up and saw a black suit with a dark green pocket square with it and a black bow tie. I had a black lace masquerade mask as well, I felt my heartbeat pick up.

She hadn't seen me without a mask.

No one had.

A knock suddenly broke me out of thoughts, I shoved everything back in the box and opened the door. It was Paige.

'Paige' even looking at her made my heartbeat just a little faster.

'Let me see your outfit'

'Not a chance' I shut the door in her face. I made a mental note to apologise for that later but right now I was nervous. I knew I had a mask but it wasn't my mask. Psychologists said that I had an attachment to it a safety barrier, something from stopping me from really seeing the torment I saw in the field. Bullshit. I just didn't want people to know what I looked like.

I sat there for a while just thinking, was I ready for her to see this much of me? Hell even if I wasn't it was going to happen regardless. The rational and logical side of my brain knew Paige wouldn't care but that one part that was telling me otherwise was really over powering. It must have been about 15 minutes deliberating all of this, I knew I had to talk to Soap. So I made my way to his dorm and knocked harshly.

'Soap. It's Ghost. May I come in?'

'It's open' I heard Soap shout from the other side.

I walked in not expecting to see Paige there. My eyes fell on the clothes scattered around the floor. My lord that dress. She would be a goddess in that. I didn't know that seducing the enemy would be in the picture, but hey if anyone could pull it off. It would be Paige. She was a woman that men would get down on their knees and beg for. I can't blame them.

'Paige this is important you need to leave'

She looked between me and Soap before sighing.

'Fine I know when I'm not wanted' I watched as she threw her items in the box and left.

'So what's up Ghosty'

'Don't call me that. Look I have a situation. This ball is a masquerade. That means I can't wear my mask only this stupid fucking thing. I know I have to wear it but I'm not ready for Paige to see so much of me.'

I couldn't look at him through saying this, I didn't want him to think I was weak.

'Ghost if I'll be honest mate she is way more focused on this mission. Also Paige is the type of person to understand, trust me your face won't change anything.'

He was right I'm over thinking this. It was stupid.

'Ok thanks'

I left, I was probably tired. I rushed back to my dorm it was late now until I saw Paige's door open a little. I peaked in to make sure everything was ok. She wasn't in there.

'Erm Paige? Is everything ok? Your door was open'

'Oh damn sorry' I heard her voice come from the bathroom. 'I was going to nap but instead I decided to work on my hair and make up for this ball'

I watched as he door opened.

'What do you think?'

Her hair was perfectly straight and yet still had volume, her make up was perfection and the dress. My god. I watched as she moved to the mirror in her room. I stepped forward, not realising I had been making small steps towards her this entire time.

'I'd say I clean up pretty well' she smiled at her reflection, the dress hugged her beautifully. It may as well be made for her. She turned around.

'Well what do you think.'

'You do look good'

She smiled satisfactorily. Paige walked up to me and handed me the mask.

'Help me put it on? I want to see the full effect' she turned around, she was so close I could feel her body heat. One wrong move. That's all it would take. I tied the mask around her head. She turned around adjusting it.

She belonged in a museum. As if she was the direct descendant of Aphrodite herself. I took a step closer to her. Her eyes moved slowly from my right eye to my lips and back up to my left eye.

I needed an ice shower.

She turned around and took a small step towards me our bodies almost touching, I could feel her chest rising up and down. I looked down into her eyes she managed to look innocent as if nothing in this world had tainted her, by God did I want to taint her.

*Paige's POV*

I didn't expect this much tension. A mask. I only asked him to put my mask on so I could get the full effect. Now I was staring up into his eyes and I wanted more than anything to kiss him. For him to push me up against the wall. I lay my hand on his chest, I watched as his breath faltered.

I stood on my tippy toes, even in my shoes I still wasn't at his height. My eye level now drawing to his, I felt his breath on my face although it was coming through his mask. I wanted to rip that god damn mask off.

'You like what you see Simon?'

I felt a hand push down on my hip relaxing me off of my tippy toes, it was so effortless. I maintained eye contact as his hand made its way along my lower back as he bent down into my ear.

'I told you Paige. Don't start something you can't finish'

A small smile made its way across my face.

'You know' my own voice came out in a weird raspy whisper 'you say that yet you know nothing about me' I draw back away from Simon and untied my mask, I picked up his hand and placed the mask into it. I turned around and walked back to the mirror, looking at him through it.

'You can go now, keep the mask I will need you to tie it up again.'

I watched as he looked down at the mask before meeting my eyes again.

'Oh Paige. You have no idea what you have started' and with that he left.

Authors note:

Hello my loves!!!
Sorry for the long wait in the updates but new job  may as well be my life right now. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the update! It is getting a little hot and heavy in this chapter. I have a lot more coming your way soon ;)

Thank you for the support!!!

Love you xoxo