The Bachelor

The Bachelor: London

S15:E1

Episode 1

On the last season of The Bachelorette...

The backdrop was beautiful Singapore, in a stunning water garden at the Sofitel.

"I came here to fall in love," She said to him, her eyes glistening with tears, "And I have, but it's with someone else."

Each word enunciated clearly. He was not the one for her.

It was a moment that broke a nations heart. When the bachelorette had uttered these words to audience favorite, Matt.

Everyone had been stunned by the outcome.

No one more than Matt.

And after the way it had all ended Matt could not believe they had asked him back to be The Bachelor.

The network wanted him back... the fans wanted him back... he had been one of the most popular men in the show's history.

He was beautiful, he had been kind, gentle, witty... and they needed him back on air.

But Matt didn't know if he was ready to go through all that again.

It had been so draining, emotionally, physically, mentally.

He was so tired.

He had been dumped on TV, in front of an audience of millions, and it had been devastating to navigate it both publicly and privately.

The TV show interviews he was under contract to give, the magazines, the comments on his social media profiles. It had all been incredibly taxing on him.

His family had helped him get through it.

His family had been fiercely protective of him, it had broken them to see him so utterly shattered in front of the world.

Then the network had asked him to come back. They had called him several times. They came to his house. They told him he could set his own boundaries on the show. There would be minimal interference from production as the show played out. They just wanted him back.

Matt wrestled with the idea.

And after speaking to his family he was completely surprised when after a year had slipped by they encouraged him to do it. "Maybe a second time on the show will give you the closure you need."

"I got my closure."

"Then do it for love." Said his sister.

Love.

Fucking love.

Again?

He was colder now, a little harder, and he wasn't sure if he could be as open enough as before to make it work. Would it be fair to the women to give just half of himself?