Ch. 3

"What is THAT?" I muttered as I opened my door. It seemed like a paper. So odd, and at one twenty three? Clearly, that person is still here. I sighed, "You can come out, you know?"

"How did you know I was here?" a soft voice came as I made eye contact with that girl. Purple eyes, walking with a cane. She must be Arisu Sakayanagi. I remember her, she DID come to the white room several times with her father. 

I folded my hands, "I'm sure you intended for me to know that you're here. Now, what is your reason?"
"I just wanted to meet the president's girlfriend I've heard so much about. You seemed...interesting," she said. 
"Is that why you have another one of your pawns recording this conversation now?" I chuckled. 
"You ARE quick to catch on. I'll leave you be, Ayanakoji san. I just needed to confirm something," she said, as she turned. 

I flashed a smile, "Hopefully you have confirmed it," I said, picking the letter up and turning around, then I took my phone out of my pocket and called the number. 

"What is it?"
"It's time for you to do the task I gave you," I said. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ayanakoji San, you look beautiful as always- that dress really suits you," Rika squealed. 
I gave her a smile. Well, it WAS a special day....

My pink flowey dress fluttered as I caught sight of my brother.
"Misa san." Came a voice. I turned to see Suzune with my brother, who was standing there. He offered a "Hello, sister."

"We're supposed to meet him at the library," I smiled. "Library!? Is that even a place for a date?" Risa scrunched her nose. "Oh, he's taking me shopping later to get acquainted with my tastes, too, anyhow, we should get going," I said, as Suzune and Kiyotaka behind me. 

"Do you have an explanation for us being there?" Suzune asked. "Yes. Well, the thing is quite complex, so you may as well know the story well. Today, Arisu Sakayanagi visited me.  At one twenty three, to be precise. She apparently came to 'confirm' something, and gave me a letter."

"I understand, but what does this have to do with our excuse? And, what did she confirm?"

"Well, she mentioned YOU in the letter, Suzune, and she mentioned you as well, Kiyo. Although I won't tell you exactly what- the letter was threatening in nature. In fact, we are being recorded as of this moment," I said. 

"What...!?" Suzune said, as my brother stood there. 
I hummed, "Yes, but it doesn't matter, we're not discussing anything she doesn't already know. She already knows by now about our deal. What her goal is, it's unclear. But the excuse is simple: It's for a special test."

"Special test?" My brother spoke for the first time. 
"A special test created by ME, in fact- the whole school will participate, soon enough. You two are part of the first test. Today afternoon, you all will receive a notification for the test from the school."

"I don't understand," Suzune said. 
"You will, don't worry. For now, we will just say that we three were the people selected for the first test. If we don't participate, any one of us will get expelled."

"So what exactly IS this first test?" Suzune asked. 
"The ability to keep a secret. You see, an average student won't be able to do that well. As for the reason you two were selected, it was just randomised. All we have to do, is stay together for five hours, without exposing the knowledge we have. I'm sure both of you are perfectly capable of that," I said.

"But if we're getting recorded by Sakayanagi, then isn't it a violation, and all of us get expelled?" Suzune said, alarmed. 
"Don't worry about that. Unless she tells someone else, it won't get out."

Suzune's eyes widened, "So, it depends on the person the secret is exposed to. In other words, it doesn't just test us, but also the persons trusted with the information."

"Exactly. What this test aims to achieve is not the information not being known, but rather, everyone having the same knowledge not knowing the other knows the same, but resisting the urge to speak. Of course, that's why I wasn't bothered by the cameras too," I said, pointing at the cameras. 

"Our job is highly risky, but by the end of 5 hours, if all goes as planned, we will receive bonus points depending on the number of people knowing the secret."

"Wow," Suzune muttered. "And this was planned by you, not the school?" My brother asked. 
"Yes," I replied. "How exactly?" Suzune asked. "You'll know in good time," I smiled. 

"And here we are." The library. 

"Misa. You're a minute late," came a deep voice. 
"Oh, Manabu!" I said, turning around. I made eye contact and for some reason, I felt like I was on fire. What happened to me so suddenly, honestly?

"Why are they here?" he asked, not sparing a glance at them. 
I explained to him about the test- all that he needed to know, as he grew more serious. "The student council wasn't informed of this,"

"Now, their president knows," I smiled.
"Right," he cleared his throat.

"At least say hello," I nudged him. He looked away, slightly embarassed at the touch, but we had to keep public appearances up. 
"Hello," He spoked coldly behind him.

Suzune looked shocked. "Hello, Hirokita kun," my brother said, as Suzune also mustered a greeting. She acted so tough but in real life, she just looked up to her brother. 
"You look...nice," Manabu admitted, "...And I trust you enough to be careful about this test."

I smiled, genuinely. As much as it was hard to admit, he made me feel things, that someone like me could never feel. "Thanks, honey," I said, as he turned red at the nickname. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------