Of all the thing that could happen

>>Azef

"I was surprised to see her," Matthew and I talked on the phone, "For a moment I was confused even,"

I let out a deep internal breath, "I was too when I first saw her," I spoke in a very low tone.

"It took me a moment, but I saw the resemblance."

"Hmm," I nodded, "It took me a while too. But she looks exactly like her. Well, I believe this is what she would have looked like if she ever got to grow up."

"Azef," Matthew's voice had curiosity, "There's more to this, isn't there?"

"..." I didn't give him an immediate reply. Yes, there was more to it, but I didn't feel like sharing it, "I'll tell you about it later," I told him, "I have a lot to think about myself at the moment."

"Alright," He answered, "I have some things to deal with in the pack, you'll have to go to the company again."

"Sure," I replied, "Are you still planning on going to the Casino?"

"I need to see what is there. You'll get the key, won't you?"

"I'm trying," I sighed, "But I've run into some trouble."

"Well, we can't let this opportunity go."

"I know," I nodded, "Too many people are after the deed and it'll only be a matter of time before everyone finds out we have it."

"Silas was already spreading the rumor of it. Many other groups already suspect us."

"I'm working on it Matt, I'll do something about it."

"Alright, I'll leave the matter to you."

We ended the call and I slumped against my chair. My eyes traveled up and I looked at the balcony directly above me.

***

>>Seraphina

I made my way to the second-floor balcony after getting out of my room. The gentle breeze carried the scent of fresh blooms making me relax a little. I craved a moment of solitude after all I went through.

I stared at the blue sky.

My days at this house have been so peaceful. I'm afraid I might get used to all this. I pursed my lips in dismay. And no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get Azef out of my mind. I've been trying so hard but still he's there.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the crisp, clean air, the cool breeze caressing my skin as I grabbed the metal railing.

What am I even doing? I know I'm being very stupid with these feelings bubbling inside of me. He clearly said he's keeping us here so that he can find dad. And he saved me from those lecherous men because I'm his employee. He was simply being a good boss.

My heartbeat moved slightly up.

I shouldn't do this. I have so many other things to take care of. I know I should bury whatever I'm feeling right here because the root of it is simply because I'm affection starved. I've never had anyone stand up for me and protect me like that. That's why I'm so drawn to him.

But, he is charming. I pursed my lips. And he's handsome.

I was utterly lost in thoughts when out of nowhere, I heard someone call out my name in excitement as they touched my legs. Startled, I turned around almost half falling over the balcony.

"Sera!" Eris didn't realize what she had caused, her eyes shone with innocent delight as she jumped towards me.

"Eris no-"