//RATATOSKR CHAT LOG // RT-TOSW-1101

(This is the first of many Lore chapters that I will be posting alongside actual chapters. one every three chapters. These Lore Chapters don't have pictures sadly, only actual chapters have art. but these chapters do have story relevance and possibly hint at future story developments, some of these may go into the scientific side, delving into Theories and Scientific Jargon and stuff, I'm a big fan of the scientific side of Destiny 2. I hope you enjoy these, I try my best.)

- Sincerally UppaUppaNo.

//ROTATOSKR SECURED NETWORK//: MESSAGE THREAD: KTORI-104: WDM-020

ENCRYPTION CODE: bGn0o%Z*aLF??nPS

SUBJECT: SOMETHING WEIRD IS HAPPENING TO THE TREE

KTORI-104: WDM-020 I need to speak to you about something concerning our findings with RT-TOSW-1101, It can't wait longer.

<MESSAGE SENT. . . MESSAGE RECEIVED.>

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: Go ahead.

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: Sir, my crew and I have run several tests and analyses on RT-TOSW-1101, We haven't had much time due to D.E.M forces also being in the vicinity, but our results show something truly terrifying, we've sent the data to REI-456 for further analyses and research but I doubt she could handle the information gathered from such a small sample.

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: Lay it out for me, what are the results of RT-TOSW-1101? if the results require this much attention then I assume it's bad or critical enough to warrant an immediate audience.

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: Yes, What we've gathered is that RT-TOSW-1101 is alive. Not in the sense of Plant level life, but in the sense of actual sentience and will. spectral analyses show that RT-TOSW-1101 can somehow replicate brain activity through electromagnetic fields. Transferring electrical data through its entire being.

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: That is something. You said something about Data, what kind of Data?

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: We have yet to decipher the sampled data we collected from one of the Roots coming out of South District. But we did decipher some of it, this is where we found the more terrifying aspect of the results.

RT-TOSW-1101 seems to be growing its roots deep underground, a massive underground cavity has been found underneath RT-TOSW-1101. Using spectral analyses again on the Underground cavity reveals that all electrical energy and RT-TOSW-1101's roots coalesce into what seems to be a Spirit.

Not only that but when the Franxinus flew too close to RT-TOSW-1101, Our systems, Protocols, and Sub-routines began to cannibalize each other, almost like they've been driven mad by something. Our units on the ground radioed in that they began feeling extreme amounts of vertigo and a heightened sense of violence. After 30 mins into ground research, we were forced to pull back units due to the overwhelming feeling of violence and self-bodily harm.

This is where our results get terrifying. 

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: That is troublesome, going by what you wrote, it's got something to do with RT-TOSW-1101.

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: Yeah, it turns out that the bark and leaves of RT-TOSW-1101 are extremely Anti-Memetic, I don't know the science myself sir, but REI-456 tells me that the Bark and Leaves of RT-TOSW-1101 are "Anti-Memetic", They disrupt our brain's natural process of creating "Memes", by what REI-456 describes them, they are Ideas, memories, and culture. Well, The Bark and Leaves disrupt that replication process and halt the creation of new Memes. When near RT-TOSW-1101, Memes begin to deteriorate, this includes our instincts and our cell's reproduction cycle.

Stay too long near RT-TOSW-1101, you could potentially mentally not exist anymore.

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: That is concerning, have there been any causalities?

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: Thankfully none, we've been able to pull back units before any of that happened.

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: Well, this makes <The Gardener> more terrifying than before doesn't it?

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: Yeah, RT-TOSW-1101 formed OUT of her Space-quake, she didn't even create it consciously, I guess now I know how Shido felt when he said, this whole thing felt "Eldritch". I'm kind of afraid of further researching RT-TOSW-1101 now.

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: You don't have to if you want to. <The Gardener> is a higher priority at the moment, you should focus on that instead of focusing on a potentially dangerous Tree. I'll deal with it, I'll schedule my arrival there.

<REPLY FROM KTORI-104>

KTORI-104: Thank you, sir.

<REPLY FROM WDM-020>

WDM-020: No need to thank me, I value your safety first, so rest and leave the research to me for now. until then, signing out.