Chapter One: I'm Your Neighbor!

Jeff took a peek from the curtains, only slightly. He heard his parents talking about it but he didn't think anyone would be moving in, especially across the street.

"You think we can friends with him?" Liu piped in Jeff's ear.

"Dude, move, you're hogging the window. I wanna see!" Jeffery rolled his eyes, moving aside so Liu can see.

"I don't know man, we don't even know if he goes to our school. We just got here too..." They had to move due to his Father getting a promotion and to the severe bullying. Jeff didn't understand why people kept bothering him and his brother. They didn't even DO anything. It brought a copper taste to his mouth. A burning pit swirled in his stomach, it sent pulses through his limbs, making his fingers tingly.

"Look! He has epic pajamas!" Jeff immediately hip bumped his brother out of the way, he was a sucker for a good pj set. There across the street was a teen that appeared to be his age, helping his parents unload some boxes. The new neighbor wore a black band tee with red pajama bottoms that held tiny flying bats. Ugh those bottoms were sick!

"Jeff! Move! I wanna see!" Liu pushed Jeff harshly, causing the teen's forehead to hit the window. A huge audible 'THUNK' can be heard, catching the new neighbor's attention. Jeffery flushed with embarrassment, not because he was caught, but because the new kid was staring right back at him! Jeffery tensed up, locking eyes with him.

"Liu what the hell!!" Jeff yelled, spinning on his heels to push his brother back.

"You're basically hogging the window!!" Liu retorted loudly. This was so embarrassing. It took a moment for the pain to register, it blossomed throughout Jeff's eyebrows and nose, he instinctively rubbed the ache away. Angrily glaring at his brother for making a fool out of him.

"Boys! Do I need to get rid of your window privileges?!" Their Father's voice boomed from upstairs. Jeffery rolled his eyes, returning his attention to Liu.

"Holy- Dude he's coming over!" What?! Jeff practically shoved his brother out of the way, sending Liu to the floor.

"Hey!! Mom! Jeff pushed me!!!" Cried Liu.

"Jeffery Woods apologize to your brother!" Yelled their Mother from the kitchen.

"Sorry." Jeff stated quickly, not even attempting to be genuine. He peeked his eyes through a small portion of the curtain, seeing exactly what Liu said was happening. The new kid was causally walking over to their door, strolling across their yard as if it were a normal Saturday for him. Before he knew it a knock came to their door. Jeff locked eyes with his brother. Both froze for just a moment before Liu scurried for the doorknob, everything was always a competition to Jeff and he wanted to be the first to open the damn door! He ran after him, swatting Liu's hand away.

"I'm opening the door!" Jeff hissed, Liu made a face but gave in reluctantly, crossing his arms while pouting.

"You always wanna be the first, it's so annoying." He muttered lowly, Jeff ignored him, taking a deep breath before opening the door. You got this Jeffery. You got this. Don't be weird. Don't. Be. Weird. He swung the door open, catching the new kid off guard, his fist was raised to knock on the door. His fist turned to a wave. A smile dusting his face.

"Hi! I'm (Y/n), I'm your neighbor! My mom wanted me to say hi..." (Y/n) mentioned shyly, Jeff almost tripped over his words, its been a while since someone actually greeted him kindly... even if it was just a introduction.

"Hi..." Smooth. Real Smooth Woods. Jeff was clamming up so bad, his hand gripped the doorknob so tight, his knuckles were turning white. Were his palms sweaty? Why were his palms sweaty??