1

Like the suffocating pressure of being underwater, the atmosphere of the court before you was just as overwhelming. Ears muffled by the deafening sounds of the ball being sent over the net by all-too-eager hands, the desperate voices of teammates yelling ecouragement to one another. The sight of the Nekoma volleyball team, the boys you had been watching for years as their manager, sent a soft smile to your lips. 

You stood from your seat on the bench as the boys were called off the court for a time-out, distributing the towels and water bottles you had been holding in your arms.

"Thanks Jiminie."

"Good work, everyone" you praised with a smile before turning your attention to the tall figure standing a short distance away from everyone else on his team.

His back was turned to you, his broad shoulders and muscular, but lean, frame accentuated by the red fabric of his uniform, his naturally messy black hair falling into a fringe that partially covered his hazel-colored eyes.

Your eyes fitting to the side to ensure that the rest of the team was distracted, you stepped forward in one swift movement, wrapping your arms tightly around his torso.

Initially, he seemed startled by your action, then he relaxed in recognition before turning his head slightly towards you.

"Jiminie, what're you going to do if you get us caught?" asked Jeon Jungkook, a sly smile curving his lips.

"No one's looking this way," you murmured back, tightening your hold around his waist. "Can't I hold my boyfriend like this once in a while?"

Kookie let out a quiet laugh, giving your hand a tight squeeze before replying, "as much as I love your cute displays of affection, I need to get back on the court now."

Reluctantly, you let go of him. He passed by you quickly, but not before sneakily brushing his fingers lightly against yours.

"I'll see you soon," he said in his usual teasing manner before rejoining his teammates at the sideline.