Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"AHHHH!" Drac collapsed on his knees, the villains on one side of him and the kingdoms on the other.

Unknown to Drac while he was in the east wing of the museum something much more terrible was happening in the west wing.

The glass case over the Queen's Crown smashed as Audrey picked up the jewel encrusted gold and gazed at it longingly, "I always thought that I'd be the queen. And there's no in between. 'Cause if I can't have that. Then I will be the leader of the dark and the bad. Now there's a devil on my shoulder where the angels used to be." she threw the fire poker aside. "And he's calling me the queen of mean."

Calling me, calling me.

"The queen of mean!"

As she lifted the crown to smash it something made her freeze, simultaneously, on the Isle of the Doomed a pair of green eyes flew open and glowed with evil magic. A smile tugged at her purple coated lips as she channeled the small trickle of magic the hole in the dome let in.

'Audrey.' Maleficent's voice echoed in the air.

"The queen of mean."

'Audrey.'

"Something's pulling me. It's so magnetic. My body is moving. Unsure where I'm headed. All of my senses have left me defenseless." she pushed aside a basket of poison apples from its pedestal. "This darkness around me is promising vengeance." she placed the crown down on the now empty stand. "The price that I'm willing to pay is expensive. There's nothing to lose when you're lonely and friendless. So my only interest, is showing this princess, that I am the queen. And my reign will be endless!"

There was a flash of light and the room turned darker, "I want what I deserve. I wanna rule the world. Sit back and watch them learn. It's finally my turn. If they want a villain for a queen. I'm gonna be one like they've never seen. I'll show them what it means. Now that I am that I will be the ruler of the dark and the bad. 'Cause the devil's on my shoulder where the angels used to be and he's calling me the queen of mean calling me, calling me The queen of mean calling me, calling me. I want what I deserve!"

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

The next morning Mal went straight to Evie's place from her new room in the castle. She hadn't gotten much sleep as the entire situation with Hades kept bouncing around in her head. On top of it there had been another meeting this morning and right in the middle of it Ben got a call that the queen's crown and Maleficent's scepter were stolen. Beast and Belle thought it was Uma. And so did Mal. And it put a rock in the pit of her stomach.

She told Evie everything, well, almost everything. The look on her best friend's face was so worried she didn't want to add even more stress by telling Evie what she had suggested.

"Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Evie asked as CJ crept to the door to her greenhouse where she kept the majority of her fabric and sewing supplies.

"No one." Mal replied not noticing their guest. "I mean, think about it, people are scared enough as it is. We have to employ entirely new security measures."

"Will this delay our bringing over more VKs?"

"We're talking about closing the barrier for good."

"But you said no."

Mal was silent. CJ tilted her head picking up on something.

"I mean the five of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. I mean what could be more important then that?"