Chapter 5

My ankles are no longer bound by the constraints that had kept me prisoner. 

A rush of adrenaline courses through my veins as I revel in the newfound sense of freedom, I push myself up from the bed, my movements tentative at first, as if testing the waters of my newfound 'freedom'.

I run to the door and twist the doorknob, it's locked. 

"shit" I curse under my breath

I walk to the window, I couldn't get it to open. With a sigh I make my way to the bathroom to do my business, who knows how long i will be locked up next time.

My eyes immediately fall upon a neatly folded pile of clothes resting on the edge of the sink. Curiosity piqued, I approach the clothes picking them up, noting with surprise the softness of the fabric beneath my fingertips.

They are clean and fresh, a stark contrast to the tattered garments I had been wearing since I have been captured.

Beside the clothes, I spot an array of bathroom necessities - toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash - all arranged neatly on the countertop. It was a gesture that suggested soren was not going to kill me anytime soon.

I hope he will wait a month, so Timothy can rescue me before he does.

I take a shower, washing away the grime and filth that clung to my skin. As I lather shampoo on my hair, my mind wanders to thoughts of my brother. Does he even realise that I had failed the mission, that I had been captured by Soren and his rogues?

The thought fills me with guilt and shame, knowing that I had let him down in the most profound way possible.

As the water washes away the remnants of my despair, I make a silent vow to myself - I will find a way to escape.

After showering, I put on the clothes and wipe the steam covering the mirror. I couldn't help but stare back at my reflection as I brush my teeth.

My features appear worn and haggard, the toll of Soren evident in the pallor of my skin and the dark circles that lingers beneath my tired eyes.

Running a hand through my ash brown hair, the memory of the tingles I felt comes back, I felt someone else's fingers tangled in my locks, It had felt strangely intimate. 

Shaking my head to get rid of the thought, I force myself to focus on the task at hand. I can't afford to dwell on such distractions, not when my survival depends on maintaining a clear head and a focused mindset.

With a deep breath, I open the bathroom door and step out into the room only to freeze in my tracks at the sight that greets me.

There, standing in the centre of the room, is Soren.

My heart skips a beat as I meet his cold gaze, a chill running down my spine at the realisation that I was once again in his presence.

Panic threatens to overwhelm me as I struggle to stand under his gaze, my mind racing with what sort of punishment he had in store for me this time.

With a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, I brace myself for whatever awaited me at Soren's hands.

I shift uneasily under his intense stare, feeling the weight of his eyes like a physical presence pressing down on me.

He steps closer, I instinctively take a step back, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end as his presence looms over me like a dark cloud.

I knew that I was treading on thin ice, that one wrong move could spell disaster for me in this  game of cat and mouse.

It looks like he saw my retreat as a challenge, a game to be played at his whim because with each step I took back, he took two towards me.

My heart starts pounding loud in my chest, the sound echoing in my ears like a drumbeat of impending doom.

Soon, I am trapped, cornered by him as my back becomes pressed against the hardness of the wall.

I can feel the heat of his body radiating against mine, his proximity suffocating me. 

My breath catches in my throat as he leans in closer. 

His breath hot against my skin as he whispered in my ear. "your heart is beating fast"

I close my eyes and turn my face to the side, away from him.

"Are you afraid of me?"

His voice was low and menacing, sending a shiver down my spine as I struggle to find mine.

I refuge to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cower in fear. His hand finds my left cheek fast, he squeezes hard as he forces me to face him.

I know that my defiance will only provoke him further but i am a beta after all, and he is just a rogue, rank-less, pack-less, I can't let him have power over me. I glare at him as I meet his gaze head-on, not letting my face show any signs of weakness even though deep down I knew that I was walking a fine line between bravery and foolhardiness

His grip tightens, I refuse to back down. 

He lets go and chuckles, the sound echoing in the silence of the room. He takes a step back. 

"it's going to be so much fun breaking you and making you mine" he says

A fleeting sense of relief washes over me, only to be quickly overshadowed by the cold realisation of what his words truly meant.

"It might not be as much fun for you as it will be for me i'm afraid" he adds.

His words hung in the air like a dark cloud.  I can't help but speak up. The words tumble from my lips before I could stop them. "I will never be yours," I declare.

Soren merely snickers, a cruel smirk playing at the corners of his lips as he regards me with amusement. "you already belong to me," he counters, his tone laced with arrogance.

"And soon enough, you will be begging to be mine."

"I will never beg for you," I spit, my voice trembling with suppressed rage. "I would sooner die than be yours"

Soren's smirk widens into a cruel grin, his eyes glittering with sadistic pleasure at my words.

"We'll see about that," he taunts, his voice a low, menacing growl.

I clench my fists at my sides, the urge to strike out at him almost overwhelming. But I force myself to remain still, to hold onto the last shreds of my dignity in the face of his relentless torment.

"You don't know me" I retort, my voice filled with a steely resolve. "I will never surrender to you, I will never submit to you no matter what you do to me."

Soren's laughter echoed through the room, a chilling sound that sends shivers down my spine."We'll see about that, little wolf," he sneered, his eyes narrowing with malice.

"We'll see just how strong you really are when I'm done with you."