What is the Tales of Glass series?

Hello and welcome to the Tales of Glass series update and announcement book! This is an extra sidebit to the series itself, mainly consisting of author's notes, sneak peeks, and etc. for the series and its upcoming stories, as I don't want to constantly spam people with extra author's notes in the stories themselves.

That said;

What is the Tales of Glass series?

The Tales of Glass series is a series of fairytale retellings that are loosely connected by an underlying plot, but can be read by themselves. It initially started as Glass Slippers in 2015, but has since expanded over time as the story and world has developed.

It features:

1. Glass Maker: A Rumpelstiltskin Retelling

2. Glass Slippers: A Cinderella Retelling

3. Glass Mirror: A Snow White/Hamlet Retelling 

A number of other stories are in the works as well

A number of other stories are in the works as well. This includes the newer version of "A Kind of Bravery" which will have a new title, cover, etc. once the above three are completed.

As you can see, this is all part of a rebranding of sorts as the series moves into new, more unique spaces. 

Starting Thursday, March 14, Glass Maker will begin to be updated on Thursdays, following the story of Katherine (the MC of Glass Slippers' mom) in a Rumpelstiltskin ish story featuring magic, deals, and more. This story is likely the most fairytale like of the series and is the origins of the underpinning plot and magic system that connects the other stories to each other. 

Starting April 8th, Glass Mirror will be updated on Mondays, following the story of Princess Sophia in a Snow White/Hamlet retelling, in what is shaping up to be a dark fantasy story. If Glass Maker is the most "fairytale" then Glass Mirror is the most "drama". 

Starting May 3rd, Glass Slippers will be updated on Fridays, following, you guessed it, Clara's Cinderella retelling, but with the latest updated version, as a preview of the soon to be published novel (albeit in its rough draft form). This is not the same as the current draft that is live as of the writing of this chapter (March 11, 2024), and while it keeps around 35% of the original story, it is also on track to be more fantasy-ish than it is currently. 

So anyway, that's the Tales of Glass series! Stay tuned for updates, and more as we get closer to the release dates of all the things!