Ch 1: Birthday Gift

I stared at myself in my mirror as I sat at my dressing table waiting for the dressers to arrive. My long black hair was in a mess but my wheatish coloured face looked fresh and my lips looked pink and glossy. Today was my birthday and I turned seventeen. I admired myself in the mirror when I heard a sharp knock on my bedroom door. I looked up and saw the dressers.

"Come in," I said, and they entered.

"Good morning, Your Highness." One of them greeted me while both of them bowed.

"Good morning, Natalie." I greeted her.

"Happy birthday, Princess Daphne." The second dresser wished me.

"Thank you, Selena." I smiled.

Then both the dressers started their work. Selena started doing my hair and Natalie started doing my nails. After a few minutes, Selena said, "I heard that there is going to be a big party for your twelfth birthday. Are you excited?"

"Yeah, and that's why I have to look my best. So, do everything you can."

"As you wish, princess," Natalie said, smiling.

After an hour, I was ready for the party. I looked at myself in the mirror and was speechless. I looked beautiful. I was wearing a long sleeve blue dress which came to my knees from the back and stoped at the middle of my thighs from the front and azure leggings. My hair was beautifully braided with flowers.

"Wow! Selena and Natalie, you both did a great job. I love it." I smiled.

"Thank you, princess!" They both answered at the same time.

"Now allow us to leave," Selena said, bowing. I nodded and they left. Then I left my room and went straight down the hall and stood in front of a door. I knocked on it, twice.

"Come in," a sweet and melodious voice came from inside. I opened the door and entered. I saw my sister sitting at her dressing table.

"Are you ready for the party, sis?" I asked her.

"Yes Daphne, I am ready." She replied, standing up. "Do I look pretty?" she asked while slowly spinning to show me her whole dress.

She was wearing a purple dress with cut sleeves and the dress had a sequence in the middle of the chest that was shining. Her hair was open and she had her crown on her head. Her brown eyes stared at me waiting for an answer as my back-brown eyes looked at her.

"Yes Queen Iris, you look beautiful." I bowed to her to tease her. "What about me?"

"First, stop doing that, and second, of course, you look pretty. You are the birthday girl." I smiled when she replied. "OK, sis, and thank you! Now come on, everyone must have been
here by now. We should go and greet them."

"Yes, you are right. Let's go." She said, taking me to the park where the party was hosted.

We entered the garden and I saw many people talking and holding drinks in their hands. The garden was beautifully decorated with flowers. The pillars had flower vines on them and there was a table with lots of food kept on it. I turned to Iris and said, "The decorations are so beautiful. I love it. I'll go and find Finn while you greet others."

"OK," I left her there and went into the crowd in search of Finn. I was excited to see him after a week and what he got for me as a birthday gift.

After half an hour later, I found him talking to someone. I was not able to see his face clearly, but I could see his green eyes from the side. I recognized his golden hair and went near him. He was wearing a black suit with black pants and his hair was perfectly combed. Then suddenly he noticed me and excused himself.