T W O

Lydia rolled open the laminated plans and felt the heat of their attention like the scorching mid summer sun. It didn't take her long to piece together that the men in front of her were Royce and Sofia's sons, how she'd not seen photos of them was beyond her... In fact, she'd not seen any photos of the remainder of the Silvetti family, no children, brothers, aunts... No one. For the next hour they went through her designs and worked on perfecting it.

"So I propose a large court yard in the middle of the hospital, building the wards around the garden with alternating mezzanines on the ascending levels... It would allow the space to not feel as closed in and clinical. If the paediatric ward was on ground level, it would give the kids a way to escape without having to actually leave the hospital" She trailed off.

It had been that idea that had first caught their attention with the small company. Zeus Landscaping. Because not only did it come from a landscaping view, it factored in the architectural nuances of the build. Sinn and Nikolai had taken over the family business a few years ago, since then they'd spent a majority of their time finishing off old contracts and maintaining their current ones. This hospital build would be a new investment, it felt like their pride and joy.

So enough of the chit chat, Nikolai thought, "we are offering to buy your company, Lydia." Then he continued, "20 million to buy you out with an annual remuneration of 2 million."

The colour seemed to drain from the woman's face, she blinked purposefully and then questions, "I don't understand, are you not looking for a external contractor?"

"We'd much prefer an internal one," Cosinno added in, though the husky tone he took tainted the pure words.

She shook her head and looked around the space, she wanted to expand but selling out felt cheap and it took away that dream. "No, I'm sorry gentlemen but I can't let my business go. We would love to work for you but I cannot sell."

He admired that in her, she wasn't chasing money, he could see she genuinely held affection for her business. "You wouldn't be letting it go Lydia, see us as silent investors."

She shuddered, her name across the tattooed man's tongue felt inappropriate. "Investing, I can accept." Lydia finalised, still not prepared to sign the title of her business to the two devilishly handsome men before her. She watched as Nikolai rubbed his jaw, what she would give to be inside his mind at that moment...

Sinn glanced at his brother, knowing he could feel the same heat and desire to pin her down against the damn glass table and have her submit. Hell he could almost guarantee Nikolai had already imagined perching on his knees behind her while he dropped her hot little shorts and panties. They were being impulsive, reckless even... The plan had been to buy the business, give her the title of lead designer and executive. What they hadn't factored in was her refusal.

And what an attractive refusal it was. She was clearly intimidated by the brothers but the fire in her eyes and the determination in her jaw refused to back down.

Nikolai leant forward, holding his hand out, "you've a deal, Lydia."

The young woman wondered when they'd gone from using her last name to her first. Hesitantly she held out her hand, somehow it felt like she was shaking hands with the devil and his brother. "Come to the office Monday morning to finalise the partnership, it'll be a pleasure working with you." Cosinno wrapped her palm in both of his once his brother had let go.

Engulfing her entirely, she worried her heart beat out of her chest and land on the prints. That was how much these two men effected her. "Have a great evening Mr Silvetti." She replied, standing. Lydia needed to get them out of her space before she combust. Extending her hand she gestured to the door.