FOUR

"Good morning!" Mei greeted as she placed a tray of muffins into the display

"Good morning" Ran greeted back, walking up to the register. "Do you ever get a break?" He joked, after all she had been working all hours.

"Every now and then" She smiled. "What can I get for you today?"

"Just a black americano and an iced coffee" Rindou had asked his brother to get him something, he wasn't just joking when he said this cafe had the best food in Japan.

Typing into the screen, Ran noticed her fresh manicure. Dark cherry red almond.. 1.5 inch.

"That'll be $8.50" She smiled.

Handing her a $20 dollar bill, the two had the same interaction with the; 'keep the change' 'I couldn't!'

Watching her work with the machines never got old. The way she moved elegantly, the way her hair flowed as if it were silk.

"Seriously though, do you ever have a break?"

"Well, my colleague went on a break for a 'family emergency'," She put air quotations around the family emergency part, "Even though she's in Bora Bora with her fiance? I have to do her hours, not that I really mind"

"So that's about, 11, 12, 13, 14 hours a day?" Ran asked her, leaning on the side of the bar right in front of her.

"Yep!" She replied, taking a cup out of the stack and pouring the iced coffee.

"Wow that's a lot.. And I thought I had long days,"  He admitted.

"I'm sure everyone equally has a lot of work to do." She said, turning her head to him, a bell earrings announcing themselves with a sound.

"Hmm, you're right" He agreed with a smile that made her fawn over him. His voice is so hot.

"Busy day ahead of you?" She kept the conversation alive.

"Unfortunately, I have mountains of paperwork to get through," He spoke truthfully.

"Well, I hope a little boost can get you through the day" She spoke softly, handing out both cups of coffee to him. Ran's hands underlapped hers to take the coffee cups in his hands, rings touching her.

"Have a good day"

"You too" He spoke over his shoulder.

Getting into the passenger seat of Kakucho's Lamborghini Urus, he shut the door while extending his other hand into the backseat to give the iced coffee to Rindou.

"I said no milk," Rindou complained.

"I don't care," Ran replied, taking a sip of his own coffee.

"Rude"

"So what's the plan for today?" Ran asked Kakucho.

"Spying on this dude, Koko said he had something to do with the clan,"  Kakucho revealed, glancing at the lavender haired male out of the corner of his eye. "Speaking of which, we'll be at the location in 2 minutes so get ready."