𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

WARNING: Blood, Gore, cursing, murder, mutated creatures, lycans, mother Miranda, playing God, human experiments, Cadou, angst, emotional hurt, exhaustion, mental breakdown, hurting, physical hurt, near death experience, & death. (It's resident evil, what did you expect?)

three years earlier

Lucinda groaned as the light from the village seeped into her very small room. She rubbed at her eyes, not wanting to awake. But if she didn't, someone else would wake her.

Sitting up in her small bed, she stretched her muscles, her long red locks falling over her shoulders, the tips stuck outwards. She looked over to the clock hanging on her wall, it was only about six or seven in the morning, she couldn't tell, her eyes were a bit blurry when she had just woken up.

Getting up from her bed, she donned on her usual clothing, which, to her demise, was one of the village's dresses. It was grey with some black lining, and went down to her ankles. Chris told her she needed to blend in, but it was hard to when half the villagers are a bit suspicious of an outsider.

Lucinda grabbed her hair brush and combed through the ratted locks before putting them in a braid. She tucked her phone inside of her pocket, which she was a little excited about when she found out they had pockets. "Okay, I got my phone, time to browse around the village." She sighed, rubbing at her eye again.

She exited her bedroom and left her small hut like home. It wasn't much compared to her house back home, but at least it was something. The frigid air dipped at her slowly reddening cheeks as she walked along the path and towards the center of the village, where the giant statue of a lady was held. She has to admit, this village was a lot nicer than the last one.

Her eyes gazed around the buildings, her eyes landing on the Church that she hadn't the chance to go into, mostly cause the villagers weren't sure if they could trust her inside. Understandable if she was being honest, she wouldn't let herself inside either. Not that she didn't believe in God or what not, but because she didn't really care, especially when people in her past tried to play God and failed. But she respected people who still had faith in their own God's.

"Luci!" Lucinda jumped at the sound of a younger voice, she turned her head towards the brunette woman who came over towards her, luckily with her father nowhere to be seen. Leonardo didn't really like her, and Lucinda didn't like him either, but somehow Elena, his daughter, absolutely adored the older woman. The red head always wondered why.

"Elena," Lucinda softly smiled at the younger woman, who grinned at her.

"Are you coming to the ceremony today?" Elena asked, excited. Lucinda raised a brow.

"Ceremony?" She asked.

"Yeah, in the center of the village. Mother Miranda and the other four Lords will be coming as well." She then gasped, "this would be your first Ceremony!" She exclaimed, feeling overwhelmingly happy. Lucinda nervously smiled at her, feeling some of the eyes of other villagers on them.

"I'm not sure the other villagers would want me there Elena, I'm kind of an outsider." She rubbed at her neck. She really didn't want to go, especially if Mother Miranda could see her.

"They won't do anything, I promise Luci, come on, just this once." Elena begged, grabbing onto her hand and tugging a little. Lucinda sighed, and put her free hand on her head.

"I guess I can, but only this once. I hate to intrude on these types of things, kid," she said. Elena cheered. Lucinda smiled fondly at the younger woman. Maybe this mission wouldn't be so bad if more people were as welcoming as Elena and Luiza. She hadn't communicated much with Luiza, but the woman seemed polite and happy for someone else to come along their village and stay. If only they knew she came here because of the growing Cadou.

Lucinda combed her fingers through her already messy hair as she stood by Elena and Leonardo, the woman and man both ignoring each other. The villagers had gathered in the town's center, waiting for the Lords and Mother Miranda, and Lucinda could feel the stares she was getting. Most were judging her whilst others were, of course, suspicious of why she even agreed to go. Man, this was like high school all over again.

Lucinda made eye contact with a singular crow, it's little black eyes seemed to just look at her and not any one else. She found it a little creepy and turned back to the front, where they saw the Lords and Mother Miranda walking towards them. Okay, yeah, this looks like a cult. She felt Elena grab her hand and looked at the smaller woman who was excited about the whole thing.

Lucinda frowned. Was it too much for her to have a child like Elena?  Well, with a job like hers, she didn't have time for relationships or to settle down, the only real relationship she had was with Leon, and he still had chosen Ada. She wasn't jealous of it, but was still a little hurt that she wasn't good enough for him, but was happy that he had someone else, even if she had died on multiple occasions. The woman will not die.

She was brought out of her daze when she heard Mother Miranda speak, though, she didn't hear a word the older woman was saying. All she could do was look at the woman in black, a doll with a wedding dress clutched in her hands as she stood next to the man with the hammer. The woman instantly intrigued Lucinda, as she stared at her, and the woman seemed to do the same thing, her veil hiding her face.

This mission was about to get a little more complicated than Lucinda originally thought.

note: how does the first chapter sound? And yes, Lucinda had basically adopted Elena and Leonardo hates it lmao now all I can think about is Alastor and Lucifer's beef in the show when I think of Lucinda and Leonardo XD

vote and comment.

word count: 1049