03

the rest of the week dragged on for the blonde girl, consisting mostly of going to class and sleeping. she was uncharacteristically excited for the party this weekend. valerie was more of a home body, preferring to stay home and get drunk with her close friends rather than at a random frat where her shoes stuck the the linoleum floors from the spilled booze. but, for some reason she couldn't place, she was giddy with excitement at just the thought of going out and having a fun night with the girls who invited her.

when it was finally saturday, valerie woke up at the crack of dawn (11:30 am) and flung herself out of bed and into a relaxing 'everything shower'. she shaved her legs and used her favorited body scrub to exfoliate, she used her scalp mask and all of her favorite products. it had been a long time since val had treated herself to some self care and it did her wonders. once she stepped out of the shower and onto the cold tile floor, she felt like an entirely new person. she makes a mental note to do this more often. she saunters back into her bedroom, her getting ready playlist playing softly in the background. she stares at her closet before sighing and picking up her phone.

party animalz

valerie martin
what am i supposed to wear😫

molly davis
something cute :)

valerie martin
woooow i would've never thought of that

jada gymafi
idk steal something from kate's closet

gabbie marshall
oh yeah she has some cute stuff!!

caitlin clark
just wear whatever make you feel most comfortable 🫶

valerie martin
don't take this personally but you guys are the worst at giving fashion advice

valerie groaned loudly before laying down on her bed, not even caring that her hair would make her pillows wet from her shower. as she lays in bed doomscrolling, valerie martin's brain just kept going back to the message she had received from caitlin. the words rolled around in her brain as she tried to make sense of everything. yes, caitlin clark had always been nice to valerie in the past, but this something about her phrasing felt funny to valerie. her fears and anxieties started to creep in and she wondered if maybe this was all some sort of weird ploy or prank to humiliate her. she knew it was a stupid thought, but the thoughts took over her head and she sunk down deeper into her covers.

"what the shit are you doing?" kate was standing in valerie's  now open door frame with her arms crossed across her chest.

"sleeping" she deadpanned.

"you're such a shithead" and with that kate slammed her bedroom door, completely missing the way valerie's eyes rolled back in annoyance.