Introduction

Weightless

When eighteen year-old Marilyn Summers develops the ability to manipulate gravity, she's convinced her new powers have ruined her life. But an invitation from her estranged relatives offers an opportunity to start fresh, and maybe even find where she truly belongs.

OR

An awkward Summers' family reunion, the unexpected return of Logan Howlett, Magneto forms an unlikely alliance, and the X-Men have to prevent the downfall of humankind (again).

- - - - -

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this story. I hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I have writing it. :)

A couple things to keep in mind: First, while Weightless is based off the alternate timeline of the X-Men movies (in between Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix) it is not canon in any way. There will be changes from the original plot, so just take everything with a grain of salt.

Also, Marilyn Summers (the protagonist) is type one diabetic. As someone with T1D myself, I've found myself growing more and more frustrated with the inaccurate representation of my disorder, and took this opportunity to include the experiences of a diabetic's everyday life. Marilyn's diabetes is not a plot device or the center of the story's focus, it is a normal part of her day-to-day life. Please keep in mind her experiences are based off my own, and different people have their own unique symptoms and ways of managing T1D.

If you would like to learn more about diabetes, the American Diabetes Association is a great place to start. Feel free to ask me questions as well! 

Happy reading!