Chapter Nine

Notes: End of Episode 1. . . I wasn't expecting this to go for nine chapters, but here we are. Let me know what you think? What kind of things Australian teens would say in some of this? I am American, and I feel I am doing alright mimicking the lingo that I know of, and the research on school times, and the courses that are offered in Secondary school, but if you have anything that I should know please reach out.

Also, I've been super busy this week and haven't had a lot of time to write for fun. I want to 'try' to get 2 chapters this week, maybe 3. April 11 is coming on us fast. 😂

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sun was pouring into the room as I squinted. I blinked a few times getting used to the light, and the pain that was hitting my head from alcohol last night. I quickly realized that it was hot. Very hot. I was being spooned by Spencer snoring into the side of my neck, while Ant was pressed against his back with his arm over Spencer's waist. I smiled as I saw this. I wonder how drunk we all actually were last night to get into the bed together. At least we were all clothed. I wonder if Ant sleeping in the bed was a usual occurrence. I lifted Spencer's arm off my side, and shimmied down the bed to get out. The bathroom was needed. When I reached the end of the mattress, I looked back at the boys to see if either of them moved. Thankfully, they did not. It was only eight on a Saturday, I realized that when I checked my phone that was laying on the floor connected to its charger. A lie in was needed and I was hoping to get back to sleep. I slowly opened Spencer's bedroom door to tip-toe down the hall to the bathroom. I was worried about running into his dad on the way and discovering others were in the house, but no one was around. Thankfully. I let out a sigh of relief when I returned to his room and shut the door behind me. When I looked at the boys on the bed, I realized that he was awake and had rolled onto his back in the empty space I left moving away from Ant. He was staring at me in the doorway. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I Walked back over to the bed. He rolled over to the wall and patted for me to join him in the now open space between him and Ant. I slowly climbed in not to wake Ant.

"He sleeps like the dead." I chuckled and looked toward Ant.

"He does. Not much will wake him once he is out." Spencer chuckled back. He leaned down and kissed my forehead and let me shuffle to get under the covers and get comfortable. Facing him, I nuzzled my face in his chest. It was like this, we fell back asleep.

******

When I woke, I was sandwiched in between two boys. At some point this morning, Ant rolled over to spoon me. I let myself download the moment of both boys sleeping on me. The feel of their bodies, the heat, the comfortable attractive body order. This was nice.

I was trying not to shuffle my body much to wake either one of them, but it must have woken Ant.

"Hi," he whispered with hesitation.

"Morning" I mumbled. I felt him shuffle behind me, moving to sit up. At this I was able to move away from Spencer without disturbing him. His hair was scattered across his pillow, and already sticking up on his forehead. I smiled a bit as I looked behind me. I moved to sit up beside Ant, who was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes leaning forward on his elbows.

"Hungover?" I asked. He nodded.

"How'd it go with your 'rents?" I asked if he seemed stressed about something last night and he seemed off and I could tell it wasn't just a hangover.

"Awful." He sighed. "Yours?" He asked.

"Awful." I sighed back. He nodded.

"Is that what that is from? Awful?" He raised an eyebrow pointing at my cheek. I looked at him face on and he stared right back. I felt all restless inside like something was going to crawl out of my stomach. I looked back down to the ground when I reached the peak of discomfort.

"Yeah." I mumbled back. He nodded again and placed a hand on my shoulder. Realizing that the tears started falling, again. I turned into it letting Ant pull me into a hug. I cried into his shoulder. I reached around to hug him in return and he flinched when I touched his back.

"Ant what did he do?" Spencer asked from behind us. I didn't realize he woke up and was watching us. Ant froze in my arms. I pulled away and wiped my tears with the bottom of Spencer's shirt and reached out placing both my hands on Ants cheeks lifting his head up to look at me. I let out a sigh. I had a feeling his family was like this, but this, finding out like this, wasn't exactly the same as wondering. This hurt my soul. I pressed my forehead to Ants.

***********tw**********discussing physical abuse*******

"Ant?" I breathed in seconding the question. As I had Ant in my hands, Spencer sat up and shuffled closer behind Ant.

"Spider," Ant sighed, like I was coming in the middle of a heavy conversation that was never finished.

"Ant." He started, and waited. I could tell Ant was fighting with himself to admit this to us.

"It is not that bad. I know you want to look, Spence, just look." He breathed out. I brushed away a few tears as they began to fall from Ant. I looked over Ant's head and caught Spencer's eye matching the same look of concern. I watched as he carefully stuck his hands up the bottom of Ants shirt and pulled it out and up from his body. I watched as Spencer let out tears for his best friend.

"Anthony" he breathed. "This is worse than last time" he choked out. Spencer moved off the bed quickly, opened his door, and left. I already assumed it was to get first aid materials as he seemed focused on finding something.

"Ant? Can I look?" I asked gently. He nodded. I took a step back and Ant stood and turned around. There were new patches of bruises, a few spots of blood with cuts, a few puffy welts, and some older bruising underneath. I let out a sob of my own, because of the scars that laid underneath. How did they do this to this sweet boy? He is funny and charming. How does he do it everyday, be funny and seem happy, and then go home to them?

"How dare they?" I claim with anger in my voice.

"God's plan, Gemma. Beat the "gay" out of me." He sobbed back crashing into me, causing me to fall back onto the bed. I ran my hands through his hair, sounding out calming shushes.

******************end tw**************

Spencer came back into the room in a huff, carrying a first aid kit and some towels. I caught his eye as he came back in. We were both worried for our friend. I couldn't help but think about how he looked at me when I got here on Friday. Spencer wore the same look of concern for Ant as he did me.

End of Episode One