11

Mirana walks into the briefing room and her eyebrows fly up when she spots the man sitting at the front of the room

Mirana walks into the briefing room and her eyebrows fly up when she spots the man sitting at the front of the room. Tim stops behind her, leaning down, as she turns to speak in his ear.

"Is that Aaron Thorsen?" Mirana whispers and Tim nods.

"He made it through the police academy and was exonerated," Tim shrugs.

"Buena suerte on your big first briefing," Mirana grins up at him before she walks over to the table. "Hi, I'm Mirana Cabrera"

"I'm Aaron, though I'm sure you already knew that," Aaron replies, shaking her offered hand.

"I thought it'd be nice for you to introduce yourself without someone bringing up your case," Mirana shrugs, taking the seat next to Aaron.

"Isn't the front reserved for rookies?" Aaron asks.

"I wanted a front-row seat to Tim's debut as a field Sergeant," Mirana shrugs.

"Who's Tim?" Aaron asks and Mirana points at Tim who is talking to Sergeant Grey.

When Tim notices Mirana is looking at her, he shoots her a wink and grin before looking back at Grey.

"Husband?" Aaron asks.

"To be," Mirana shrugs. "Which is why I'm so excited to witness this"

"So you're a P2?" Aaron asks.

"Yeah," Mirana nods. "I'm also an HCN which is why I can spend the day looking like hot shit while the rest of you are in your uniform"

"HCN?"

"Hostage and Crisis Negotiator," Mirana says and Aaron's eyes widen.

"You were on the news!" He says. "The officer from the school shooting and the lady who took the baby. You're badass!"

"I know," Mirana grins at the man. "Hey, if you ever need anything just give me a call. I never went to prison for a murder I didn't commit but I know adjusting how people view you is a desafio- a challenge"

"Thanks," Aaron nods at her as Tim and Sergeant Grey move to stand behind the podium.

Mirana grins at Tim, wiggling her fingers in greeting and he rolls his eyes fondly. Mirana leans back in her chair and takes a long sip from her coffee.

"All right. As many of you know," Grey begins. "We have a new sergeant in the field today. Everyone, Sergeant Tim Bradford"

Mirana winks at Tim who smiles as the room erupts into cheers and applause.

"Okay. Okay. Thank you. First up -- we've got a new rookie. Officer Thorsen. Stand up," Tim says and Aaron does so. "Now, there's a traditional introduction for probationary officers, but you are anything but traditional. So I'm giving you 20 seconds to introduce yourself before the rumor mill ramps up. Go"