Chapter thirty

I stretch my weak body out, feeling my legs cramp up from the uncomfortable position I slept last night

I let out a quiet groan before slowly crawling out of the tent, careful not to wake the snoring boy curled up next to me.

I yawn as the warm morning sun beams down on my face, the orange glow glistening over the lake in front of me.

"Good morning" I hear a high pitched voice murmur from behind me.

I spin around to see an all too familiar blonde, a sleepy smile plastered across her lips.

"Morning" I greet her as I reciprocate the smile, my voice coming out in a raspy tone.

"Dickhead not awake yet?" She asks with a grin, plopping herself down on the grass.

"Nope, dickhead is still sleeping" I chuckle as I sit down beside her, bringing my knees up to my chest.

We giggle in unison for a moment before I notice her slipping a pill on her tongue then washing it down with some water.

I furrow my brows in confusion as I watch her.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Birth control" she hums back.

I sit in silence for a second, the realisation hitting me like a ton of bricks.

My stupid ass forgot to bring birth control.

Now I'm sure this wouldn't have been an issue if what happened last night... didn't happen.

But it did.

Fuck.

"You forgot to bring yours didn't you?" She chuckles.

"Yes" I groan, shoving my face into my hands.

"I mean you should be fine, it's not like you-" she begins, but the look I give her as I lift my face from my hands makes her immediately grimace.

"Ewwww" she exclaims in disgust.

"I knowww" I mutter back, laughing nervously as my cheeks grow red.

"Couldn't keep it in your pants for one weekend" she snickers, swatting my shoulder softly.

"Ughhh" I groan, resting my head on my knees.

"What am I going to do?" I continue, my voice slightly muffled.

"Already on it" she replies, the sound of soft tapping on her phone screen making me lift my head.

"There's a pharmacy 10 miles from here" she tells me, a sigh of relief escaping my lips almost immediately.

"Or, you know... don't go, and I'll be an auntie to you and Rafe's demon baby" she giggles.

I scrunch my face up, shaking my head quickly as I stand up.