Winners and Losers (2)

(Buckle up it's a long chapter!!!)

Our match had ended in the victory of the second years with everyone on our team beyond excited and enjoying the thrill that it brought them. Meanwhile I had my attention preoccupied in another matter which I wanted to observe. Currently the girls volleyball was still on going and in their third set as both sides had won one each and needed to win this final set to secure victory.

The score right now was 17-19 for the third years who looked comfortable in their lead.

"She's not playing. I wonder what they are thinking by resting her."

Kushida looked relaxed while sitting on the bench chatting with some of her classmates from class a. There sitting on the bench was also Matsushita the captain of the team with Ichinose alongside Onodera, Ibuki and Hiyori.

"Their whole starting lineup is resting?! Why are they resting in the final game? Was it to tire out the starters of the third years?"

"All yours Kiryuin" Asahina baited the second years on her side of the court but then quickly set up Kiryuin who had already jumped expecting the ball at her hands.

SLAM

The ball came crashing down on the second years side of the court as the third years collected another point making the score 17-20

"Well it's about time now, you girls ready and rested?" Matsushita got up from her seat on the sidelines and started walking towards the referee.

"We couldn't get much rest since we only left the game about 5 minutes ago you know?" Kushida replied back amused from her statement.

"Still better than playing the whole time like the third years you know?" Onodera chimed in their conversation while slowly getting up herself.

"We"ve got a lot of work to do ahead of us ya know." Ichinose also got up from her seat while stretching.

"Yeah because those damn substitutes couldn't hold the two point lead we gave them for even five minutes."

"Play nice Ibuki, no point throwing blame when we're gonna win this thing anyways you know." Hiyori gently replied to Ibuki's out burst of anger.

Looking at Matsushita I could see her brimming with confidence and an ego I never saw in her before. In fact all six of these girls had a united ego which was completely different than what I knew about their personalities.

"Did I overlook a certain development perhaps?"

It seems that in the time I was preoccupied with other matters, these six girls had gotten closer together than I realized. This in turn had brought about a change in their personalities as they now spoke as one rather than be the distorted individuals I knew them as.

"I wonder who was behind this development of theirs."

"Feeling confused Ayanokoji?" A petite girl came up and stood beside me.

"So it was you huh."

"Whatever could you mean by that I wonder?"

"I thought we had agreed to not play dumb around one another, Sakayanagi."

"I suppose it would be wasteful to act innocent in this situation but I can't take all the credit, the real perpetrator behind this crime is your ex girlfriend herself, I simply just pushed her in this direction."

"Kushida joined these strong group of girls together? This is certainly fascinating, you continue to outgrow my expectations Kushida."

"What are you playing at Sakayanagi? Why did you make Kushida your next play toy? Surely there were many better options out there than a toy that bites back?"