Chapter 7 | Too Many Bunnies!

Don't forget to leave a vote if your enjoying the story :D

---The Next Morning---

Stepping out of the shower, turning the spickets off, I hear my phone ringing atop the counter. Drying my hair with a towel as I approached, and answered it, and put in on speaker. "Who this?" I ask, having not read the caller ID. "Vestal"  "Oh! Hey Vesty! What's up!" I cheered hearing her voice. I haven't actually heard it since my first deployment up at Riau Island! *Another Azur Lane owned Island* "I wanted to inform you personally that your ship is back to combat ready! I've completed all routine maintenance! An have your ship up to speed on the maintenance that you've not yet had the chance to perform." "Vestal! That's awesome in all! But don't tell me you worked through the whole NIGHT on my ship!" The phone is noticeably quiet.

"Vestal... Please go home and sleep! You've gotta be exhausted!" I scold her passive aggressively! She did EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD HER NOT TO DO!!! "I took breaks here and there" She tries to excuse. "NO! You need to actually REST! You work acholic! An you get onto Enterprise for being so wreck less and yet here you are being just as WRECKLESS! Go to sleep silly!" I passively scold, as I begin to dress into my uniform! "Hahaha, well I guess I'm being a bit hypocritical of E huh?" She awkwardly laughed, understanding and seeing my point. "You'd better take this day off! An actually RELAX! Or Imma kick your behind Vestal! you hear me?" "F-fine! I'll take a day to rest. But only because you've insisted upon it!"

---Few Minutes Later---

Approaching my assigned fleet of the day. I Adjust my sleeves, and my collar, making sure I look well kept. "So, who's the capital ship today?" Essex asks the fleet, each fleet that goes on patrol is assigned two carriers, an escort carrier, 2 cruisers, a capital ship, and a set of light cruisers and destroyers. Occasionally followed by submarines. Noticing me in the corner of her eyes, whilst Princeton speculated, and Essex listened, then commented back. Enterprise doesn't seem to have much intent of telling them, but to let my arrival do that for them. She raised her hat above her head and lowered it back down as a form of greeting, and her smile added onto it.

"Good morning! I hope you ladies are ready to sink some sirens!" I announce myself, friendly, excited, and ready for patrol! Essex, Princeton, and the others look unto me, pleasantly surprised to find their assigned capital ship was me today

"Good morning! I hope you ladies are ready to sink some sirens!" I announce myself, friendly, excited, and ready for patrol! Essex, Princeton, and the others look unto me, pleasantly surprised to find their assigned capital ship was me today. "Someone's excited to get started!" Essex teased as she approached and gave me a big hug! "About time they put us on another patrol together! How's Missouri doing?" I ask, she was dating my buddy Missouri last I saw her, and hopefully she still was! So, my wording opened the opportunity to find out. Breaking our hug she raised her hand, revealing a ring on her ring finger, a great big smile grew of excitement. I showed incredibly excited to the showing. "Married or Engaged!?" I asked desperate to know. "Engaged! ~" She cheered all Gitty about the fact. "That's awesome! Do you guys have a plan for when the wedding will be? I've got to get that day off so I can be there!" I ask, this distinct voice of barely contained excitement. "Next month on the 13th! Your invited of course! What about you! Got anyone special yet?" She cheered, excited to find out and catch up with me. See, despite being incredibly good friends, Essex doesn't have a phone. She's never had one. So, I can't keep in touch with her outside our in person interactions! But it makes any time we meet more enjoyable and especially memorable! "Well not yet, but I'm starting to open up to the idea." Enterprise seemed interested in the wording. And commented. "Opening up you say?" Immediately I shut her down in a playful fashion. "Oh, behave yourself E!"