Chapter 6

"Trender!" Toby yelled towards the door for the seventh time as he knocked, his irritated voice deafened by the jazz music booming from the other side.

It had been like this for half an hour. You thought he had been overexaggerating about the long wait time, and you were grimly mistaken. You leant against the wall with a quiet huff, resting your head on it as you rolled your eyes to the ceiling. God, this was fucking boring.
Rolling your head to the side, your eyes searched the hallway and the other two proxies you accompanied, trying to find anything to distract yourself with. As you did, your eyes caught onto a glint of metal hanging off Masky's belt, and you lifted your head to get a better view. A big, metal keyring through one of his belt loops, various keys of different sizes, rust and age hanging from them.

"Don't you have a key for the door?" You questioned, directing to his belt when he looked over.

"You really think I'd have a key for one of the Slenderbrother's rooms?" Masky rhetorically asked, almost mockingly, like he couldn't believe you didn't know that.

"Who the fuck is the Slenderbr-" You began snarkily, but was suddenly interrupted by frantic, frustrated knocking.

Toby's knuckles rapping against Trender's door seemed to reverberate through the walls, each strike just more angry and loud than the last. You flinched instantly, your hands clamping over your ears to try and muffle it, wincing with each deafening noise. Your one weakness; angry banging. As much as you hated it, and even found it humiliating, you couldn't control the anxiety it gave you, the blurry memories of your childhood blinding your vision.
With a grimace, you squeezed your eyes shut in an attempt to push it all to the back of your mind, back into the box you locked it in, where you would never have to deal with it. But you were spared anyway, Hoodie having turned around and noticed your state. Honestly, he hadn't moved an inch the entire time, to the point you forgot he was there. He seemingly stared at you from behind his mask for a few seconds, then suddenly moved, grabbing Toby's shoulder and shoving him away from the door.

"Shut up." He ordered coldly, getting onto one knee as his hands searched his hoodie pocket.

Lowering your hands from your ears, you watched as he fished out a lockpick, shoving the two tools into the lock and beginning to wiggle them back and forth. Glancing to Masky, you found yourself surprised that he wasn't intervening in this, instead seeming completely uninterested. With how much he rides everyone's dick, power tripping on his proxy status, you expected him to go ape shit over someone lockpicking the door of Slender's... brother?
A click brought you from your thoughts, Hoodie standing back up and shoving his lockpick into his pocket again. Then he reached out and grabbed the door handle, letting the door swing open.

Jesus, the music was a whole lot louder with the door open.

"F-F-Fucking finally," Toby complained, "Why didn't you do that to begin with?"

"Wanted to make you wait." Hoodie replied bluntly, leading the way into the room.

"You think you're s-s-soo f-fucking funny, don't you?" Toby hissed angrily as he followed.

As you stepped into the room, you swore that you could hear Masky snicker behind his mask, shooting a curious glance up at him. Honestly, you had been convinced he couldn't express happiness, or didn't have a sense of humour. As you did, his head turned downwards slightly, looking back at you through the holes of his mask. But it wasn't with the same annoyance or hatred he normally carried towards you.

"Move, then." He ordered, giving you a shove in the back.

Nevermind. Definitely still hates you.

"Don't shove me, dickrider." You snapped fiercely, turning and thwacking his hand away with more force than you intended.