7

LILA BROWN
MIAMI, FLORIDA
FLASHBACK

January 14th,2017
6 years ago

I was on my way to class, after I had bumped into somebody. It was embarrassing since I wasn't paying attention.

I wasn't really popular or anything but what I was really good for was just being an answer sheet type of girl. I knew I was smart and people would take advantage of me, but I wouldn't let it slide.

Only for one person though. Kas. We were both in the same grade, and he was popular, almost every girl would fan girl over him. Even me.

I wasn't the type to have a crush on somebody but something about him just made me feel like was for me.

But after I found out there was a rumor going around how he liked Yasmine. I was upset.

"Leeeelaa"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have any food I'm starving." Leah said.

"Mhm, I have cookies, you want some?" I asked.

"Oo, yea please."

I handed her the snack and I continued my work.

"Did you hear that Kj still hasn't been found yet? I think he dead or sumn."

Your the reason he's gone ...

"Oh, I thought he would be back by now."

"Nope! And his brother hasn't been home in a few days, but Shani has, I heard that she's been going around with Trey."

"Trey J?"

"No girl, Trey L."

"Oh Lord, not him, she's definitely getting played."

"Right? That's what I said, but you know her she don't wanna listen."

I didn't realize that Kas was sitting behind us, so he heard everything we said. But I ignored him. Ever since the disappearance of his brother he was quiet.

"You still like him?" Leah whispered to me.

"Yeah."

"I can put yall on if you want, you know."

"No, I'm ok."

"Mmmmhm."

YASMINE ROSE
MIAMI, FLORIDA

PRESENT DAY

I was on my way to my checkup to see how the baby was doing. I still didn't know who the father was. I thought it could've been Zay. But there's no way..

I finally arrived and parked getting out my car and heading inside the area.

A few minutes had gone by.

"Yasmine Rose?" The lady said coming out. I put my hand up and grabbed my bag following her.

"So is everything ok? Your not having any trouble or problems?" She asked.

"No, I'm fine actually. I've been eating better than usual."

"That's great. I'm glad to hear that, let's check up on our friend."

She rubbed the ultrasound gel on my skin and a few seconds later I see my child on the screen.

"Aww, so cute, it's moving around."

I never thought I would be carrying a kid at this age.

"Yeah. It is."

She took the gel off and wiped my skin.

"Ok so you and your baby is healthy thank God. Were you able to ever contact the father of the child still or no?"

"No. Sorry, but I'll try sooner or later."

"It's ok take your time. Your only five months so you have time."

Girl I don't even know who the father is..

"Thank you."

I headed out the door and went back into my car chugging down my bottle of water. I was starting to stress out.