the gun and the scream

*black canary pov*

so this was the punisher. the man who brought batman down in a fist fight. I was expecting him to be more. in costume. not just a bullet proof vest with his logo on it

punisher" what do you want?"

black canary" i was expecting to fight a killer in costume. not someone the city looks up to"

punisher" what you talking about"

he doesn't know

I kept applying pressure to the gun shot graze on his arm

black canary" the people of the city are starting to look up to you. crime has gone down by 38% since the month you started. cops are putting your logo on their cars. some people may not approve of your methods. but its effective"

punisher" what about huntress. your on a team with her and she kills with a crossbow"

how does he know about that?. not important right now

punisher" say what you want. those ( scoff ) people i killed. they had it coming. they had they're chance and they blew it. and I do not regret what I did to them"

black canary" murder isn't the option"

he scoffed and stood up

punisher" you know what I think. I think you heros are a half messuage. sure you save a few lives for the time being but your letting scum back out. because your cowards. if batman would have just killed the joker. then no more innocent lives could be taken. because its not if they break out. its when. its always. when"

he has a point. but that shouldn't justify murder

but something was off about him. hes driven by something else. not purpose. revenge

black canary" who did you lose?"

he gleard at me

black canary" you lost someone important to you. I can tell. who was it?"

he sighed

punisher" my family. my wife Maria. my son. my daughter. killed by mobsters for witnesses something. the cops wouldn't do anything. so I did. After I killed everyone involved. it hit me. the justice system was wrong. it failed me. so im fixing it. im doing what needs to be done. im exterminating rats"

my god. thats. a big pill to swallow

black canary" im sorry for your loss"

the punisher just sighed before looking down at the street

punisher" im not a bad guy right"

no I wouldn't say so

black canary" your not killing civilians. your inspiring cops to be better and you've brought hope back to the city in certain areas. your not a bad guy. your an anit hero"

punisher" thanks"

I walked closer to him and sat on the roof ledge

black canary" take a seat"

he sat down

black canary" you don't kill for fun. you don't kill for money. you kill because you wanna make Gotham better. because you don't want people to feel the pain you feel after your family was taken. I can respect that. but you take it to far. you shoot people. kill people. its against the law. I know you see the law is corrupt and full of holes. but-"

(y/n)" I know my family's not coming back. I know they're gone. and nothing i do can bring them back. but the law is slow. triles take years. judge's can be bribed. cops can be bribed. before I cam. crime was to high to the point were some people were considered nuking Gotham. then I arrived. crimes down. im a salutation. and an effective one"

he has a few points. you know now that im getting a better look at him im getting an ex military vibe. along with those muscles. GET A HOLD IF YOU'RE SELF Dinah

black canary" you know I gotta ask. why the skull?. you could just have a normal bullet proof vest. but you added the skull. its also on your knife. why?"

punisher"the before my family was killed. my son and daughter gave me a t shirt. the shirt had this skull on it. it was a coustom order they made. the choice it because they thought it suited me. now they're gone. I still where the shirt as a reminder. but the skull is my logo. its the last thing I want crooks to see. I dont need something over the top like a penguin sute. I need something that works. this works. ( chucke) what about you. why are you in fish nets and a leather jacket?"

I checked a little

black canary" just fit me i guess. and its easier to move around in"

punisher" yeah well no offence its not tactical"

black canary" i know. but it works"

punisher" yeah I guess. I dont need something that looks good. I need something tactical. (y/n)"

black canary" what?"

punisher" my name. its (y/n). (y/n) Castle"

black canary" Dinah Lance"

(y/n)" nice to meet you"