CHAPTER 15 - THE RAO FAMILY!

Author's pov

After Parth stormed off, Shanaya glanced at Shourya with a sad expression. "He's really mad," she said. Shourya flashed a smile and playfully pinched her cheeks. "Don't worry, bhabhi. Aap unhe mana lena!(you talk to him!)"

Shourya realized that Shanaya was truly an innocent and kind-hearted person. She always tried to keep everyone around her happy. Shanaya pouted and replied, "I don't know how to handle this. Anyway, since you took a day off, rest up and feel refreshed, okay?" She got up while Shourya warmly smiled and nodded.

Shanaya left the room, lost in deep thought. She found Shourya's behavior strange since yesterday. Although he spoke kindly, there was an underlying sadness in his eyes. He wasn't his usual argumentative self, and even his smiles didn't seem genuine. Moreover, his excuse for his behavior didn't seem justified.

Shanaya knew that Shourya was responsible and dedicated to his work. In fact, he loved his job. It was odd to see him not going to the office. She dismissed her thoughts, thinking she might be overthinking, and entered the bedroom.

Stepping out onto the balcony, she took a deep breath. Her mind wandered back to the morning incident, replaying how Parth playfully pulled her and smeared mud on her arms. A blush spread across her cheeks as an unfamiliar feeling stirred within her. The way his touch made her breath hitch was undeniably affecting her.

Shanaya realized her thoughts and quietly muttered to herself, "What am I even thinking? Shut up, Shanaya." Just then, she heard a knock on the door. She hurriedly went to open it and found Isha standing there. Isha warmly smiled at Shanaya, and Shanaya returned the smile, making space for Isha to enter. Isha came inside, and then Shanaya asked with concern, "Mom, is there anything you want me to do?" Isha chuckled and replied, "Actually, yes! But before that, let's sit down."

They both settled down, and after a minute of silence, Isha spoke up, saying, "You know, Shanaya, I have always loved both my sons equally. And now, even my daughter, in fact. I will make sure to love you the same way I love my sons." Shanaya smiled and nodded and Isha continued, "I have always been a motherly figure to my sons. I can understand when they are happy, sad, strange, weird, or excited. But today, I realized that it's not just me who notices their behavior."

Shanaya frowned at her words, and Isha smiled and said, "Yes, Shanaya, today I saw that you also noticed Shourya's strange behavior. And I am very sure there might be something going on with shourya but he will try his best to not involve us into his mess Because both my sons have always preferred to keep their problems to themselves since childhood."

Shanaya looked shocked yet confused and asked curiously, "What do you mean, Mom?" Isha then said directly, "I mean that both my sons are, of course, opposites of each other. They are poles apart, but they do have one similarity. And do you know what it is?" Shanaya looked blankly and shook her head negatively.

Then Isha exclaimed, "They never share their problems. They think, 'Why burden our family with our own issues? We don't want to make everyone sad, so we bear the tough times alone.' Both of my sons are always there for others, eager to help and find solutions together. But when it comes to their own problems, they hesitate to open up. They love sharing their happiness with us and feel happy when we're happy, but discussing their own problems is something they avoid. They believe it's their own battle to fight."

Shanaya nodded, understanding Isha's words. She had also noticed that they never talked about their problems openly. But one thing kept bothering her: what Isha mentioned about Shourya's behavior since yesterday. Although she wasn't sure if Shourya was acting strangely or if she was overthinking.