Kabanata 1

Kabanata 1

[VINZON'S POV]

I couldn't help but close my eyes, feeling the warmth of deliciousness melting on my lips. It seemed to dissolve effortlessly in my tongue even in small bites. Hmm. I paused for a while to take a deep breath before continuing to devour the juiciness exploding inside my mouth. Pinahid ko saglit ang gilid ng bibig ko bago muling magpatuloy. My mouth was about to indulge again when a woman called.

"Vinzon?"

My brow arched. Who dared to disturb my peace?

"What are you doing here?" I asked without putting down the fork in my hand.

Mas lalo akong napakunot nang umupo siya kaharap ko, glancing at the sumptuous meal in front of me.

"Why are you eating alone?" she asked instead of answering me. "Why didn't you call me to join you?"

"You know that I prefer to eat alone." I didn't realize that the sauce of the steak is already dripping. I sighed before putting it down.

"I am your girlfriend." She emphasized each word. I'm starting to lose my appetite because of the oozing scent of her fragrance. "I-I just don't understand, we've been dating for three months pero never tayong kumain sa labas."

"So?"

"So?" ulit niya. She laughed sarcastically. "When you say that you prefer to eat me in bed, I'm starting to think that you're a psychopath." Nasulyapan ko na may mangilan-ngilang tumitingin sa aming dalawa.

"Stop acting like a child," sabi ko sabay punas ng napkin sa bibig ko. "I don't want to continue this conversation anymore."

Ang akala ko ay magpapatuloy pa rin siya sa pagmamaktol niya nang biglang lumambot ang kanyang mukha.

"L-Look, I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it, and I love you, Vinzon..." Love? "My family wants to meet you—"

"No. We're over." I said when I got up. Ang ayokong ayoko sa lahat ay inaabala ang pagkain ko.

"W-what? V-Vinz—" I never looked back when I left the VIP lounge. I already booked and paid in advance that's why I can walk out anytime somebody appears to disturb me.

Love? That's absurd. I'm only dating women from prestigious families so that I can use it as leverage for my business. Alam ko na ganoon lang din naman ang interes nila sa'kin. Who would reject a Tuazon's influence?

"Sir?" Ross, my driver, asked where I wanted to go and I told him to drop me to the main office. Alam kong kasalukuyan na silang nagmi-meeting doon.

Muli kong binuklat ang magazine kung saan naka-feature ang ungas kong kapatid sa front cover.

Tuazon Consortium International is a multinational conglomerate renowned for its extensive influence and diversified portfolio. With a rich heritage spanning generations, the corporation is deeply rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit of the Tuazon family. Its strategic investments and bold initiatives have propelled it to the forefront of various industries, including finance, real estate, technology...

I stopped reading when we arrived. Ilang minuto lang naman ang layo mula sa kinainan kong five-star restaurant kanina. Umibis ako ng sasakyan at tiningala ang gusali—the prestigious Tuazon Tower owned by my family.

"S-Sir Vinzon, h-hindi po kayo kasama sa list ng meeting—" the receptionist on the top floor called security to stop me but Ross held them back, he's a big guy who's also convenient at times like this.