𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧, 𝟎𝟏

THERE'S ALWAYS A leader in some places, if not then who'd rule? who'd make the impeccably difficult decisions? even if one doesn't claim to be a leader, they will undoubtedly always have the traits of one

speaking of leader, a servant opened the tall and large doors to let the princess of hell in the palace. charlie was here to see the leader of hell, the king himself, lucifer... or better yet, her dad.

she gazed over the dark atmosphere and the many portraits of her family hung on the walls, a sudden feeling of nostalgia warmed in her chest. she reminisced the memories with a soft sigh, a small smile appearing on her lips. the recollection of events were sweet but the feeling it left was bitter, she stared a lot longer than expected, knowing if she looked away she'd never give a second glance.

alas, her time was cut short when the servant cleared his throat softly to gain her attention, in which he was successfully able to do so. "the king ordered me to take you to one of the lounge rooms." he then turned on his hooves, walking on ahead as charlie followed in his steps, not saying much.

the hallway was silent, the palace itself was still as ever. this place no longer felt like a home to charlie but some place to stay, it was sad, a pity honestly but she knew better than to sulk over her past and instead, look ahead to what she has and what she will accomplish.

"here you are, your highness." the servant halted in front of a room, opening the door for the latter.

"thank you." she smiled, earning nothing more but a simple nod from the worker before he closed the door. charlie huffed, her eyes eventually inspecting the empty room. there was basic lounge furniture as the fire place was lit, giving a nice glow to the surroundings.

somehow, her eyes caught on the table near the couch. there was brewed tea, still steaming meaning it had just been prepared. two tea cups were glistening from the fire's light as a rolled up letter was placed besides it.

charlie made her way towards the presented table, not giving much mind to the drinks but instead took the paper in hand. her hands swiftly opened the letter, eyes scanning each word that were contained in the piece of paper as her brows scrunched. eventually, she frowned, folding the paper before placing it in its rightful place.

she melted into the couch, covering her face with her hands. the letter was from lucifer himself, claiming that he had business to take care of in some other ring and that he couldn't be with her for the gift he would be giving.

"i should've known.." charlie mumbled to herself, all the high hopes during her ride to the palace diminished within a matter of milliseconds, feeling nothing but disappointment and sadness.

her curiosity for the so called surprise was put in the back of her mind now, she felt no excitement whatsoever.. rather she felt more than upset.

the sound of clinking glass made her eyes snap up to the table besides the couch, her shoulders tensed in surprise. charlie's eyes widened to see the teapot floating and pouring a drink in one of the cups, elegantly and smoothly doing so.