𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

The first week of working on Seraph's new library was daunting for (Y/N), and she often ended up going to bed completely exhausted, but she found herself enjoying the task more so than she imagined. Not only that, but Addon and Dañero were friendly and helpful. She was also introduced to two more workers who were helping on construction: Zaahir and Claude.

    Zaahir was a year older than (Y/N), but she was taken aback by such a fact considering he looked to be only eighteen or nineteen. Basically, he looked young, and with his dark curly hair that fell in his face, his soft brown skin, and his light green eyes, it was only natural one would think this. Then there was Claude, who looked the total opposite of Zaahir. He was a man that exuded charm without even having to try. With his golden hair, fair skin, and crystalline blue eyes, he was fairly handsome, even (Y/N) admitting to it.

    Both however, were kind, and welcomed her onto the team with open arms.

    Currently, (Y/N) was helping Dañero lift the heavy stones that would make up the outer portions of the library and moving them to place it along the white gluey substance that kept it in place. It was certainly strenuous, but at the same time, a good distraction from how tired she was.

    "Seem tired," Dañero verbally pointed the fact out after a few moments. "What's wrong?"

    "Ah... I'm just not used to these hours," she replied sleepily, suppressing the yawn that built up.

    "You'll get used to it," Zaahir spoke with a light chuckle, having overheard them from where he was working. "Though I never did. I love my sleep."

    "If you could, you'd sleep all day like a cat!" Claude piped up, throwing a towel at his friend that hit him square in the face, laughing from the unamused look Zaahir gave him. "Don't say that you wouldn't!"

    As Zaahir and Claude nitpicked at each other, cracking jokes here and there, both Dañero and (Y/N) cracking a smile from their antics, they immediately made it seem as if they had always been working when Aadon strolled in. Though the man gave his coworkers the side eye, especially Claude whose expression were always easy to read, he merely gestured for them to come closer as he laid out the new construction plans for the roof.

    "Listen up, men," he began whilst pointing to various aspects of the layout. "We only have a couple more weeks to finish this baby before the King gifts it to the Princess on her birthday, so we need to love double time if we want everything to be finished."

    "I hope the Princess likes it," Zaahir mumbled shyly, his smile softening.

   "She will, but not because you helped make it," Claude hummed as he ruffled Zaahir's head, making him irritated enough to shove him away. "Hey, I'm just saying—the truth hurts."

    "The Princess is angelic," Zaahir scowled. "She'd be thankful to everyone who pitched in!"

    "She doesn't even know you exist."

    "Shut it, Claude!"

    "Since when did you love the Princess?" (Y/N) questioned with a tilt of her head.

    "Since the moment I first saw her," Zaahir answered after elbowing Claude away for the nth time. "When I first came to work here three years ago, I saw her one day walking through the gardens. I couldn't look away. She's beautiful, kind, and absolutely graceful in every way." Letting his eyes lid, he continued, "She's the kind of woman I've always wanted to marry, but... obviously that will never happen, you know?"

    "So, love at first sight, huh?" (Y/N) hummed, amused by the notion.

    "I have to say I've also been afflicted by that," Caluse shook his head with a chuckle. "When I first met my wife two years ago, I knew she would be the woman I would marry."

    "That's nice," (Y/N) nodded before turning to Aadon. "What about you, Aadon?"

    "No one yet," he shook his head. "I guess I should ask you the same question, too: do you have a special lady in your life, (M/N)?"

    "...no," she smiled. "No one like that."

"You're lying, right?" Claude raised a brow, his blue eyes catching in the light of the fading sun. "I mean, I've caught some of the female servants looking your way, and you're telling me that you haven't found someone yet? Come on—tell us the truth, man."

"It is the truth," she shrugged, playing his question off. "I'm just waiting for the right person."

"Sure," he smirked.

"Stop being a bastard," Zaahir rolled his eyes at Claude while Aadon and Dañero exchanged a look of puzzlement and amusement.

"Fine, fine," Claude raised his hands in mock defeat, however his rather mischievous smirk still present on his face as he then turned to face Dañero. "Alright, Danny... you're the only one here who hasn't yet told (M/N) about your love life, so why don't you go ahead and tell him."

    Zaahir face-palmed.

    "You're gonna wanna hear this," Claude elbowed (Y/N) with a smirk.

    "Love?" Dañero raised a brow, looking unamused of the topic of conversation. "Ha! I only love me. Love weak. So, no love."

    (Y/N) blinked.

    Well...

    I wasn't expecting that.

    "See?" Claude snickered, running a hand through his shining blonde hair while his other hand was set on his hip. "I told you you were going to want to see and hear that. Danny here has only loved someone once, made a fool of himself in front of her, and decided never again to love again. Childish and humorous, don't you think?"

"I have to say," she chuckled. "I never expected that to be the reason."

"Okay, everyone," Aadon clapped with a shake of his head, amused by the situation unfolding before him. "Enough of this talk, we've got work to do! Didn't I tell you we needed to work double time to complete this building? Come on!"

With that, everyone set to work.

꧁꧂