| 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒆 |

the clattering of cups and masculine belly laughs echoed through the tavern

Tim Wright, a bounty hunter, known to easily collect outlaws as if it was he was in an easter hunt with toddlers. he was always successful, every mission he was given was done one way or another. he didn't let anything get in his way.

he sat on the stool at the bartending island as he sipped from his beer. he sighed, agitated at the noises around him, especially since they were right next to him. he wouldn't mind chatter, if it weren't for the obnoxious sheriff that seem to favor him a bit to much.

a burly man sat on his right, his polo button down a little and a black sheriffs hat over his slightly overgrown brown hair. he had a growing stubble rimming his jawline and chin with bushy eyes brows, gold earrings, and a cigarette in his hand. his denim and worn down jacket laid on the back of a chair, holding his base that he cherished.

"haha! you always seem to get the job done, huh timmy boy?" He said while patting Tim's back, a little harder then he probably realized.

"I might even quit as a sheriff, take my job will ya! No more sheriff Ryker" He said and continued to laugh as other men started to laugh as well.

Tim gave him a half assed smile before looking back at his cup. he watched as the small bubbles inside slowly disappeared as he stared at the intoxicating drink. he looks back up towards his life long friend on the other side of the table.

Brian was talking to another group of men as he washed glasses clean from its previous substances. his smile looked genuine but Tim knew that it was all for show. Brian's small tooth gap peeked out as he laughed at whatever conversation he listened to, his hair a bit of a mess due to the busy afternoon.

he continued to listen until he looked as if he was interrupted, though there was nothing there to interrupt him. soon the same thing happened to tim. a sort of static seemed to break through the chatter, catching his attention. tim furrowed his brows as he tried to focus and listen in for any direction.

"outskirts of town....roaming...capture..." tim mumbled to himself, catching words through the static. he was given yet another mission, he never seemed to get a break.

the operator, their boss, sent out his mission through his static though information could easily be missed. the entity developed a trick to send it to two nearby pastas to collect all directions for the mission. that way both pastas could piece it together to find out who is working and what they need to do, it promoted teamwork somewhat and to make sure their job went smoothly.

he sighed and looked at brian, he was already looking back at him. he excuses himself to the men he was talking to and walks over to tim, on his way he placed the now clean glass next to the rest of the clean dishes. a customer calls out to him for a drink but he excuses his way out saying that he was 'serving another customer'.

"Hoodie." he muttered.

"Masky." he said back, leaning closer to keep the conversation confidential. tim motioned his head for him to go first, they always seemed to get the messages together and over time developed some sort of routine every time they got missions.

"operator wants you to do it. North east of the town, the plain field next to the abandoned jail house." he said as his slight southern twang in his accent came out. tim sighed annoyed and tired and but nodded his head.

"your horse is out the back next to mine, I moved her so she couldn't be snatched easily." he also said before patting tim's shoulder before throwing a towel over his shoulder.

he looked up at him gratefully and muttered a small thank you before standing up from his stool. the screech of his chair caught the attention of Ryker.

"already leaving timmy boy!? ya just got here!" He asked took another sip of his beer.

"uh yeah..I have business." tim turned around and adjusted the vest on him, his eyebrows stayed furrowed and his expression stayed blank and uninterested. Ryker places the cigarette between his lips and nodded slowly.

"you go on timmy boy, do my job so I can rest!" He laughed and puffed out smoke and tim stared and left without a word. he could hear brian offer him another beer as he slowly walked away and passed through the wooden doors.

he walked behind the tavern and easily spotted his horse with white hair that faded into a grey in her tail and mane. he went up to the horse and the horse instantly recognized him as she leant into his hand that went to comb through her mane.

"hello to you to beautiful." he sighed tiredly as he rubbed his eyes, eyebags forming from his lack of sleep. he easily mounted onto the horse and checked his holsters for his pistols.

two sets fully loaded and his mask hung on the side of the saddle. he swiftly grabbed the mask and covered his face, his hair popping out from the top and made it look like the mask was part of his face, and his thick sideburns peeking out from the sides.

he went to lift his leg to kick his heel until a sharp pain of static suddenly rang into his ears. he hunched over in pain as he covered his ears as if they would do anything about the volume. there were no words within the static, just high decibels that spawned a growing headache. he gripped at the side of his face, not feeling his nails scratch at his head as his forehead leans against the mane of his horse.

slowly he felt the static grow softer and he was able to fix his posture. he quickly removed the mask to sit on top of his head and started to have a coughing fit. it felt as if the painful stinging of the static relocated to his lungs and all he could do was cough until he couldn't breath. his throat felt scratched up as he started to calm down from his fit. he swiftly reached into his satchel for a bottle of pills that he opened.

he poured out two white unlabeled pills and popped them into his mouth, swallowing them dry. he grunted in discomfort but put away the bottle before his hand naturally went to comfort the worried horse.

the operator was impatient this time, he had to get the mission done with quickly. he quickly conceals his face with the mask and checked his compass, another sigh leaving his lips.

.