━━ make it awkward

𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗪𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦, chapter ten━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( real life ! )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MADELINA AND MATT HAD NOT SPOKEN since this morning. not even small jabs at each other snuck in between a conversation, absolutely nothing, and madelina was perfectly content with that.

she had done a great job at ignoring matt and the whole situation all together, or so she thought at least, but that is besides the point. she went out with chris for ice cream this afternoon, in the hopes of even more distraction, but she should've known there wouldn't be any. it's chris, after all, and she couldn't even eat her ice cream peacefully without him making a million comments about the one person she wanted to forget so desperately.

right now the four of them were in a fast food restaurant, a booth all the way in the corner, and it didn't help that matt was sitting right across the girl.

"can you stop chewing so loud? oh my god."

"nick can you stop breathing, thank you."

chris retorted back before popping another fry into his mouth, purposely chewing even louder than before, infuriating his brother to his core.

"if we weren't in a public space right now i would smack the fuck out of your ass." nick gritted through his teeth, his face turning almost red in anger.

"i don't mind hitting people in public spaces." madelina chimed in, shrugging before smacking chris on the back of his head.

he yelped in pain and shot her a glare while rubbing the back of his head softly. "ow?"

matt was watching the three of them quietly, not really bothering in to joining their childish conversations. he had lost his appetite a long time ago when he saw madelina and chris giggling at something on her phone, and nick started to slowly notice that something was up with his brother.

nick had a gut feeling that they knew something he didn't, and it's been eating him alive. the minute he walked into matt's room this morning with madelina in his arms, he had been waiting for anyone in the house to come to him willingly, but that hasn't happened yet and he does not have the patience to wait any longer.

nick internally rolled his eyes at his thoughts. he's supposed to be the first one who knows anything about anyone, isn't that obvious?

the secret glances and brief whispers did not go unnoticed by him, but everytime he tried to bring it up they'd just dismiss him immediately. it felt odd, especially for his brothers not to tell him something.