Chapter 3

You opened you eyes, hearing your own soft breathing. You took a moment to adjust to where you were and what was happening, slowly sitting up while letting out a yawn.

You eyes and senses adjusted to the grey walls in the room, the silence and the closed curtains.

It felt too quiet, like something was missing.

„The systems!"

You suddenly jolted up. Of course! The humming of your computers was missing.

Did they turn themselves off? Was there an interruption? A mistake in the program? What if the work from the last few days was lost!?

But when you saw all the screens turned off, you stood there confused and a bit worried. Very worried. You decided to look at the watch on your wrist.

„I've been asleep for seventeen hours?!"

Suddenly, Sheyla appeared next to you.

„Siper! My god, I think you needed that nap badly." She snickered. „Everything is fine! The password worked and we got into the firewall. I transferred all the newfound files to IAs Pc a few hours ago."

You felt a big wave of relief wash over you.

Oh thank god.

Then there was another feeling that suddenly washed over you, together with a growl of your stomach. Oh right. Asleep for seventeen hours. You should probably eat something.

„Thank you, Sheyla."

You wanted to grab your balaclava, not needing to put on your uniform because you've fallen asleep with it still on. You had just crashed into your bed without even thinking about taking it off yesterday.

But the little hologram flew in front of your face, stopping you.

„Now hold onnn! Youuu said you wouldn't ghost Zerva anymore!" She pouted, damn realistic for an AI. „He texted you." She quickly added.

You sighed and went to grab your phone. And he indeed had texted you.

————————

Sergeant Zerva:

Hey there, цветок. I heard IA got the Intel from the TF you've hacked into. 👍 - (Flower)
-17:34

Just wanted to say that you've done a great job. We should celebrate at a pub or something. Not every hacker can get into a military Task force in just nearly five days
-17:35

Hey come on! You said you wouldn't ghost me anymore. I guess I just won't bring you anymore chocolates from now on.
-19:44

Okay, you better be asleep, lady. And text me back. I'll be in your room tomorrow at 8 pm otherwise.
-23:27

———————

You sighed at reading the messages, not really wanting to reply. But you did say you wouldn't ghost him anymore. So you sat down on your bunk bed and quickly typed a message into your phone.

But you had to find an excuse for the pub idea. You wouldn't get in anyway. After all, you're too young to do so. But Alexei didn't know that.

———————

Sergeant Zerva:

I'll be in your room tomorrow at 8 pm otherwise.
-23:27