the prologue!

present day.

the air crackled and filled with tension as lacy stromed into ethan's dimly lit room upstairs, the soft glow of his lamp casting light onto him as lacy found him laying down on his bed with one of the books lacy had let him borrow. this angered her. how could still be playing at this?

the scent of his cologne hung in the air that almost made lacy forget why she was even there in the first place but stopped herself immediately after almost finding herself smiling a smiley smile and head over heels at just the scent of ethan edwards.
it's the stupid affect he had on her.

ethan, alarmed got up and then both of them stood facing each other in ethan's room.

"what's up?" ethan asked.

"you know exactly what's wrong edwards" lacy snarled, ethan's face dropped and he immediately knew.

knowing what was about to unfold, both of their eyes ablaze with anger and hurt.

lacy walked back and forth, trying to distract herself from crying as she didn't want to cry in front of ethan. "god ethan please i'm so tired and exhausted of this. ethan please it's been going on for so long." lacy pleaded, practically begging him

'if he doesn't let go of me, I will never leave' lacy thought with such a pain in her heart.

as soon as those words hit ethan's face, his eyes flashed with defiance as he met lacy's soft but sensitive gaze, his jaw clenched in stubborn resistance and he started pointing finger at the girl in front of him "and whose fucking fault is that, lacy? you can't just fucking blame everything on me!"

this angered lacy as she was trying not to cry, she had already let herself cry on the way to the house all the boys shared so she wouldn't cry in front of him. or anyone for that matter.

she could feel her cheeks redden and with each breath she took, frustration bubbled up inside her as every breath she inhaled came in sharp and shallow as she yelled at the boy in front of her, not caring about who was listening anymore and not caring about keeping her voice down.

hell, she couldn't care about the no loud noise after 8 pm rule that luke had established when all the boys moved in together. "oh my god i'm not blaming everything on you ethan, but you have to admit, you're not at all fucking innocent in all of this."

ethan scoffed and crossed his arms "what do you want from me, lacy? you act like everything's my fault! you act like i'm a totally asshole!"

"holy shit" lacy said with a breathy laugh, her voice covered with irritation. "because it is! because you are! you can never take responsibility for anything!"

ethan sighed, his heart ached with regret and longing but decided to still lie to lacy's once sparkling eyes that belonged to the one girl he so desperately wanted. it's the stupid affect she had on him. "that's not fair, lacy. you know i've been trying."

ethan's words struck a nerve in lacy, igniting an even stronger fire than the one she already had building within her. it was lacy's turn to scoff at the boy in front of her "trying? you seriously call that trying? well your version of 'trying' isn't cutting it anymore, ethan. i can't stand to be dragged around like this anymore."

ethan was starting to get impatient, wondering 'why the fuck she stormed in and started yelling at him'.

"and what the fuck's that supposed to mean pierce" ethan said.

silence. ethan edwards was faced with a moment of silence at the hands of lacy james pierce, rolling his eyes with such annoyance and anger "what are you trying say right now, lacy?"

with a deep breath, lacy forced herself to speak, her voice trembling with the effort to maintain composure. "i just think that this was always casual for you, but it's everything to me. i'm so stupid."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

after two weeks of thinking (oops! sorry about that!!) i'm fixing the structure of my story!! so please bare with me and thank you so much for reading :) 🤍 !!