𝐈, ˢᵃⁿᵈˢ ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʳᵘᵉ

___________________________________𝐌𝐘 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 beautiful at dawn

𝐌𝐘 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 beautiful at dawn. When the winds move like waves over the dunes, and the heat starts to waver down, you can truly see it: spice, sparking and glistening through the air reflective of the one defining thing on this plane - sun. It goes down and it goes up: it is the one true thing us fremen live by and follow by complete command.

I find myself watching it, sometimes alone, sometimes with Chani. Either way, I'm always there, sitting atop the dunes feeling like dwelling on what the world could've been. I watch as the sun sets below the mounds of gold, and I watch as the sky grazes itself over with darkness.

We've been pushed regrettably south, away from harkonnen territory and up towards the swarms of sandstorms that they deem inhabitable. Having just brushed through the north spectacle of fremen men, women and children alike, I'm feeling undecided and erratically reluctant.

___________________________________
"Sadus-" I demand, but the reverend mother stands tall and unmistakably over me, forcing any power I might have over the trinity to whittle down to nothingness.

"man yuta-shu wa-yaba-h yatlub wa-lis yuta-h!"
She speaks, and I can tell from the foreign rasp in her tone that she is using her voice on me, controlling me, guiding me. I do not see it that way.

"I beg of you, reverend mother, my people, they seem to believe-"

"Your people believe that wolves do not cause harm in their dens. They believe in the might of brotherhood, that it is stronger than a force which of whom changed the name of this very planet. I do not consider what your people believe, because they accept you as one of their own-"

"Enough!" I speak with such might that she shuts her mouth, and manages to stumble back a little. My fingers graze my lips as I recall a surge in my throat when I let out my anger. A 'foreign rasp', fallen over my chords as if someone had enchanted me with a power I hadn't known I'd harnessed. The room full of beggars, fighters, sisters and fremen all stood back in disbelief, waiting for me to turn around and tell them it was all an act. I did not.

The chains that hang from her facial garments are stricken with sudden movement as she tries to straighten herself out. The first person I look over to is my sister Chani, a woman who is not related to me by blood but only by sand. She looks almost horrified, a sudden confusion twisting her features together as her eyes find my own. They're crystal blue, contrasting against her darker skin - and she looks beautiful under the light of the northern temple. The thought makes me regret ever looking over to her at all.

Whispers erupt all over the room as I collect myself. I push my beige garment back up over my mouth and in doing so cover my hair with it. All that is visible are my striking eyes, laced with glistening particles of spice, and tainted a deep cobalt.

"Muh Zein wallah," I spit, though I most likely shouldn't. The sisters are still shunned by my power, and as am I - but I refrain from baring it on my face. I turn on my heel and march past the rows of towns folk, cowering from me like I was a snake, slithering throughout them and boasting about my venom filled teeth. In this case, it's my tongue.