Chapter 27

Freen

I arrived at the hotel where Nam and I stayed, heart carrying an immense feeling of happiness and an overwhelming emotions.  The events that sent shocking sensations over my well-being confuses me, yet it felt perfect. If felt as if I am completed, as if something deep within me felt whole.

Though my mind seems to be processing the the noise and the revelation of truth, my heart cannot decipher the massive feeling of delight I felt. The hilarity hung heavy on the air as I surge through the day, mine lingering on my daughter. The daughter I never known I had.

Rebecca Serenity Finley. What a nice name, perfect for a perfect child. Fin, my daughter, my belove is a radiant sunshine, her rays light up the darkest corners of my past dull life. She is a sunshine I never know existed and for the first time in my entire life I felt alive. She looks like my twin, a mini Freen. One with Becky's slender and slim body and bits of all my facial features. Her face is a perfect combination of me and her mother.

Upon entering the hotel, everything is neat and organized. Nam was in the room fixing her bags and putting her clothes back on each compartment. Nam flew back to England as well the moment I told her to set me a flight to support me in this process. And I am more grateful to have her here.

"How did it go?" Nam's voice broke the silence in the room. She sat adjacent to me, my face looking down on my lap as Nam waited for an answer.

"It felt—wonderful, I felt whole. I feel like something deep within me stirred and it makes me feel like this is the best thing that ever happened to me. Have you ever felt so scared of the uncertainties your whole life? The fright of what this actions might cause you or where it will take you. Have you ever felt so afraid of the possibilities, of the things, of the consequences of the actions you never knew you had taken. It's as if following the monogamous monologue where only my voice can be heard concealing the outer noise. Concealing the truth, accepting the remorse believing that I had caused this havoc and lived in the lies thinking it was the right action to do." I exclaimed, my hands shaky.

"I—i saw her Nam. With my own two eyes, touched her with my bare hands and it's like a fairytale.  It's like meeting my other half in real life. And somehow she colored my life again. Her laugh—God her laugh is so angelic, I wouldn't get bored listening to it all day."  Nam watched me in complete awe, I know she is also happy for me, but she never know how happy I am.

"I wished I was there too Freen... "She exclaimed. " But, how did Becky react?"

Becky, I forgot that she is there. All the time my eyes fixated on my daughter but somewhere deep within me knew that I wanted Becky to look at me. To see me, to give me the same attention she use to have, which she didn't when I was there earlier.

"We... She hasn't given me permission to tell the child I am her mother. And I totally understand, I do. I would be the same if it was me in her shoes."

"Was she okay with it?"

"I don't know Nam. She's uh, we kind of argued first, and I know somewhere this following days we have to indulge in a proper talk about the kid. " Nam nodded, there's desperation in her eyes that she didn't push through but I can see it. I can see that she wanted me to continue.

"If ever the kid know you are Freen, would you be making amends?" She inquired.

Heaving a deep sigh, I fidget with my fingers before pursing my lips. " With the child? Of course."

"What about on Becky?"

Making amends with Becky. That'll be hard, I know how high her walls were built this time and it's so hard to break that down.